Weather question

moongal

I have been watching the tropics and there are currently 2 systems they are watching that could potentially form into named storms.

I know it's a long shot and the odds are very unlikely BUT (knowing my luck!) what happens if a hurricane or tropical storm hits at your port on embarkation day? I am assuming they would cancel the cruise? Do you get a full refund still if it is due to the weather? Will they move the embarking to the next closest port? I'm not worried about being actually on the ship during a storm as I know they will go around it but was just wanting to know what happens if the embarkation port is affected on actual embarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

;p I never pay any attention to the news or weather guys on the TV. They love to alarm the nation at the slightest opportunity. We always book in Sept. or Oct. and hope a 7 day will turn into an 8 day. Carnival will not cancel the cruise because of weather, they will work around it. Have a great cruise.;)

They won't cancel a cruise unless they absolutely have to and there would be a danger to guests.

Sometimes they will move embark to the following day and give credit as needed - or if they can they might leave during it. Right now both those systems look like just Tropical Storm chances - which is still wicked weather but not hurricanes!

They will for most part not cancel for weather (very few exceptions has this happened) as previously mentioned and will go the opposite way to outrun the storm. Somehow they will adjust the itinerary, change ports (if possible) or switch the ports in your itinerary and go to last port first. You do know it is hurricane season right? Just sayin.....:)

They will for most part not cancel for weather (very few exceptions has this happened) as previously mentioned and will go the opposite way to outrun the storm. Somehow they will adjust the itinerary, change ports (if possible) or switch the ports in your itinerary and go to last port first. You do know it is hurricane season right? Just sayin.....:)

Yes I know it's hurricane season. I just was wondering if the cruise is cancelled due to weather (tropical storm or hurricane hitting the embarkation port on embarkation day) will they refund money?

We are scheduled for a short 4 day out of Galveston with only 1 port so I don't think they could shorten the cruise?

I believe the answer to your question is that if everything else failed, Carnival would LIKELY refund you the cost of your cruise due to weather...

But remember that's what cancellation insurance is for... if for any other reason you can't make it to the port, then insurance would cover it... for example, if you're driving to the port but you're delayed because of the storm, or if it's too dangerous to drive, Carnival won't pay anything if you fail to make it to the port. I'm probably repeating what you already know, just saying it for others' benefit.

If they can't cruise due to weather they will have to refund your full money. It's like any other business in the US. If they can't provide the service then they refund you. Anything else they can change though as you did sign their contract by purchasing tickets. They can cut a day from the cruise or add a day if they can't get into port. But they can't take your money if they don't actually provide that cruise.

Thanks for the info. I do have insurance. I even got full "cancel for any reason" insurance but I was just wondering what would happen. I sure as heck hope whatever might come along waits till I am ON THE SHIP. As long as I get to go somewhere I will be happy.

If they cancel then yes, you will get a refund...however if you are unable to make it due to weather because of cancelled flights, traffic, whatever, you are on your own unless you have trip insurance. They rarely cancel cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

789237c0fd5c8b65a0591fe34daed79c.jpg

Next week looks iffy...

Yeah. My daughter is leaving today out of San Juan on RCCL's Adventure of the Seas. I know they won't purposely put her in harm's way. But I'm still a nervous mother. She's scheduled to go to all three of the ABC islands. Plus St. Martin. Do y'all think there will be an intenary change?

In any event, this looks like an Adventure on the Seas.

I have been watching the tropics and there are currently 2 systems they are watching that could potentially form into named storms.

I know it's a long shot and the odds are very unlikely BUT (knowing my luck!) what happens if a hurricane or tropical storm hits at your port on embarkation day? I am assuming they would cancel the cruise? Do you get a full refund still if it is due to the weather? Will they move the embarking to the next closest port? I'm not worried about being actually on the ship during a storm as I know they will go around it but was just wanting to know what happens if the embarkation port is affected on actual embarkation day.

They will not cancel.