Music Channels

RedRover96

I have been reading these threads since the 1st of the year and have done a recent search for "music channels" and nothin recent. Does anyone have an idea of the music genera played on the TV. We cruised on the Sun 2 years ago and never really used our bluetooth speaker because the TV had pretty good music. Looking for what I call oldies, 60's, 70's & 80's light rock. Just trying to whittle down the packing list. If it matters we'll be on Escape, figure all ships have pretty much the same TV "lineup"

Don't know about the escape but on the jade there was nothing like that. There was background music when it played the TV guide and on the webcam channel; but mostly the channels were playing NCL ads between shows/movies. There were no music channels devoted to different genres.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suggest if you have an IPOD or IPAD that you download all the music you love, invest in an inexpensive small traveling speaker, and use it in your cabin. That is what we are doing. Considering all the money we pay for a cruise, wouldn't it be nice if they could include "music" for our listening pleasure? I mean how much could that cost them!

I suggest if you have an IPOD or IPAD that you download all the music you love, invest in an inexpensive small traveling speaker, and use it in your cabin. That is what we are doing. Considering all the money we pay for a cruise, wouldn't it be nice if they could include "music" for our listening pleasure? I mean how much could that cost them!

Thanks, I have all the songs I need on my phone, just looking to downsize the packing list.

You would be surprised what public channel broadcast rights other than basic muzak cost, especially when it cannot be broadcast media. It could easily cost them $1K per ship per cruise per channel at rack rates (its based on number of potential listeners, time broadcast and a few other factors - of course they could negotiate). It's why you rarely see them in hotels too unless they are just providing a cable TV feed that has them.

Since most people DO bring their own music, its probably not a wise cost to incur.

Side note - notice the Webcam/etc have a VERY limited rotation of songs, and if I recall correctly not a few were in spanish or an asian language. Cheaper rights...