VOOM explained?

RC newbie - can anyone explain VOOM. Is it worth it?

Not sure what you are asking. VOOM is the name for Royal's internet access package. You can use your device(s) via a WiFi connection or use the ship's guest computers.

RC newbie - can anyone explain VOOM. Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

VOOM is nothing more than having access to the internet while on the ship. (Just like a hotel's WiFi). While out at sea, you do not have access to data, whether it's your home data or roaming data. When traveling internationally, you also have the option of deciding if you want to data roam which could be costly or not.

Question of whether it's worth it is up to you. Do you want internet access or not? Do you want to keep up on the news, post pictures on facebook, communicate to family members?

On my next 12 day trip in Europe, I will have an international package through ATT on my phone. I will have 4 sea days only. So while in port, I can catch up etc on the news, or family. When the ship leaves, I will have no access. I don't need 24 hour access, but what's more important to me, is having the ability to use my phone features such as google maps, and translators etc. On the ship, I don't need it. Therefore, I would say, VOOM is not worth it on the ship for me.

On the other hand, if you are going on a trip to Cuba, and you can't have internet access on land, than maybe having VOOM would be better. Different situation, requires a different decision of what to get.

On the other hand, if you are going on a trip to Cuba, and you can't have internet access on land, than maybe having VOOM would be better.

No real shortage of internet in Cuba -the speed sucks and most of the time you have to pay for it, but there's access.