An impossible excursion

samshltn

The attached image shows an excursion currently available whilst on Harvest Caye - an island.

Can anyone work out how it is possible to take a one-hour coach journey from Harvest Caye to Belize City?

Sam.

Capture.JPG.de384fb7f916612e6a5618750567f895.JPG

You take a boat from Harvest to mainland Belize, get on a bus.........

Do the reverse coming back

Even when the ship is going to "Belize" you do the same thing. The ship anchors and you tender to Belize City

You take a boat

It's odd that they don't mention the boat, and they say that the coach journey is an hour to Belize City (where the 'Garifuna Cultural Museum' is) whereas it actually takes more like two and a half hours.

I think they must have listed this excursion in the wrong port....

Sam.

It's odd that they don't mention the boat, and they say that the coach journey is an hour to Belize City (where the 'Garifuna Cultural Museum' is) whereas it actually takes more like two and a half hours.

I think they must have listed this excursion in the wrong port....

Sam.

Its really not that odd, their are dozen of places you must tender to land to start the excursion. I've never seen it noted you tender then get on a bus, van etc.... I've been on some snorkeling excursions were they will pick you up and drop you off when your ship is anchored. Don't sweat it........

Ah well that's ok then. The coach will be able to make the '60 minute' transfer from Harvest Caye to Belize City as long as it can maintain a steady speed of at least 114mph for the whole journey. As you said....

The journey is the destination!

I just said they probably use the same description - not that that was okay. Maybe you should leave a review on the NCL excursion so that people who don't understand how far the trip really is will have a better idea? Or call the excursion desk to ask them for clarification and to update?

. ...

I think they must have listed this excursion in the wrong port.... Sam.

I agree since now that NCL uses Harvest Caye as the port stop, there is no way to get from there to Belize City.

No private boat transfers and no NCL transfers.

Not sure where you got Belize City. However if you are a fan of hot sauce, great visit. For a boat ride to Placencia, you can buy it at any local store for the $20 round trip.

Direct from NCL's website:

Belizean Hot Sauce & Garifuna Culture

DETAILS

hrsEstimate Duration

Board your air-conditioned bus for an educational 60 minute ride through Belize's picturesque hinterlands, as you travel along a portion of the fabled Pan American Highway. Your knowledgeable guide will keep you entertained with interesting tidbits of information concerning Belizean history and culture, as well as pointing out various points of interest as you pass them by.

Before you know it you have arrived at the Garifuna Cultural Museum, here you will see and experience the history and culture of the unique Black Caribs as they were once called or Garifuna as they are known by today. The museum has a display of the Garifuna people's history in pictures and artifacts and a tour of the museum is narrated by the museum curator. The highlight of the museum tour is a live performance by authentically dressed Garifunas, performing traditional drumming and dancing, this wonderfully choreographed extravaganza, with it's powerful tribal drumming and melodious singing of the dancing Garifauna women, will leave you mesmerized and wanting more.

Now we are off the the hot pepper sauce factory of Mrs. Marie Sharp. After a short ride, we enter a rural setting where the hot pepper sauce factory is located, right on the edge of the actual farm. Mrs. Sharp's hot pepper sauce is world renowned, selling in North America, Europe, and Asia, including Japan. Here you will learn how pepper sauce is made, bottled and packed for shipping. Mrs. Sharp's products include pepper sauce, jams and fruit juice concentrate, all of which you will have the opportunity to sample and purchase. You will also be able to purchase traditional Belizean snacks and/or the Belizean national dish or rice and beans and stewed chicken.