Review: Caribbean Princess British Isles with Kirkwall, 25 May 2017, and Winchester.

Alaskanb

As with all your reviews this one is excellent and shows the amount of effort you put into your research - the same as when we did the Baltic with you several years ago.

If only everyone would do the same and share their research and experiences.............

Thank you -- remember you well. I enjoy doing and sharing the research.

Thanks for posting your review. We're going in August. Did you need a lot of cash for incidentals along the way or just charge everything? I'm trying to work out how much we'll need--how much to bring with us and how much to get out of ATMs along the way.

Thanks for posting your review. We're going in August. Did you need a lot of cash for incidentals along the way or just charge everything? I'm trying to work out how much we'll need--how much to bring with us and how much to get out of ATMs along the way.

We took about €300 and £400 for the pre-cruise and cruise portion. You could charge in most places.

Do you know if the 6pm TD was actually at 6pm rather than 5:30 or 5:45? This has been an issue lately on all of our Princess cruises. The British Isles cruise in 2015 was the only one that had the 6pm time.

Do you know if the 6pm TD was actually at 6pm rather than 5:30 or 5:45? This has been an issue lately on all of our Princess cruises. The British Isles cruise in 2015 was the only one that had the 6pm time.

It was not --ours was 5:30 but you would be served if arriving before 6. We spoke to the Maitre D when we saw our 5:30 time on the afternoon of embarkation day.

Darn! Why do they confirm a 6pm dining reservation for td when it doesn't exist? When we were on the Star Hawaiian cruise in March the maitre d' told us that we could come at 6pm, too, but we felt that it caused our waiter more work.

Princess doesn't want to give a straight answer on this either. The maitre d', and the CC host want to blame corporate. I've contact corporate, and they said each maitre d' makes the decision.

Darn! Why do they confirm a 6pm dining reservation for td when it doesn't exist? When we were on the Star Hawaiian cruise in March the maitre d' told us that we could come at 6pm, too, but we felt that it caused our waiter more work.

Princess doesn't want to give a straight answer on this either. The maitre d', and the CC host want to blame corporate. I've contact corporate, and they said each maitre d' makes the decision.

So agree! On the Star in Alaska they did not have 6 pm dining but they also did not have a table for two in the early traditional MDR.