Sip and Sail promo

CruiseNerd1000

I'm confused with the S&S package conditions. We have 3 adult passengers in a suite. As I read the conditions, I think that passengers 1 & 2 can choose an OBC instead of the AIBP. TA says that if I do that, passenger 3 loses the Soda package. My interpretation is that 1 & 2 have to do the same (AIBP or OBC, can't split one AIBP & one OBC) but 3 is completely separate: either gets the soda or not (no OBC). Any opinions or experiences supporting either interpretation?

We got the SipnSail applied to our Dec 2018 cruise and it did not affect the price of the cruise at all. This is the 3rd time we have done this, and to date, our cruise price has never increased because we added the SipnSail.

Now price drops, if they happen would probably affect it. But so far all of our cruises have increased in price so we feel we got a great deal to have the SipnSail added to our cruise for the same price we paid for the cruise originally.

I'm confused with the S&S package conditions. We have 3 adult passengers in a suite. As I read the conditions, I think that passengers 1 & 2 can choose an OBC instead of the AIBP. TA says that if I do that, passenger 3 loses the Soda package. My interpretation is that 1 & 2 have to do the same (AIBP or OBC, can't split one AIBP & one OBC) but 3 is completely separate: either gets the soda or not (no OBC). Any opinions or experiences supporting either interpretation?

I think that your TA is misinterpreting the S+S terms & conditions which validate your interpretation.

The T&Cs state "Mixing and matching the All-Inclusive Beverage Package and OBC is not allowed on the same booking. Both guest 1 & 2 must choose the same amenity".

Nowhere does it state that if choosing the OBC then guests 3 & 4 are ineligible to receive the Unlimited Soda & More Package. It only states that "In the event that a guest does not want the Unlimited Soda & More Package, no substitutions will be offered".

I agree that your TA is wrong...I just rebooked our 2018 cruise with Sip and Sail and did OBC for 2 of the 3 of us in one of our cabins, and the third passenger still has the soda package. It couldn't be swapped for OBC but he does have it. Nice bonus for us.

After she actually checked with Princess (vs. making up an answer on the fly), we were changed from 2X AIBP + 1X Soda to 2X $200 + 1X Soda. So all's well.

Thanks for the update that your TA checked to confirm the T&C information to provide you what you preferred.