Nick & Nora's reservations

Hojo's redbeard

We have not been on a cruise since before the creation of the supper clubs, so any help would be greatly appreciated. We are leaving on the Miracle on December 11. What is the earliest time that we can make reservations for Nick & Nora's? Can we do it before we embark? at embarkation? Thanking you all in advance.

We have not been on a cruise since before the creation of the supper clubs' date=' so any help would be greatly appreciated. We are leaving on the Miracle on December 11. What is the earliest time that we can make reservations for Nick & Nora's? Can we do it before we embark? at embarkation? Thanking you all in advance.[/quote']

You can do it as soon as you get on the ship. There will be tables set up on the ship, or you can go directly there to make reservations and actually see the table set up and see what tables are available. Do it as soon as you can... it fills up quick.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a menu for 19 Oct 2004 for "Nick and Nora's Supper Club" on the Carnival Miracle.

My wife Derfette had the Veal Chop

And I had the Porterhouse Steak

We both felt it was well worth the $25.00 additional charge.

Starters

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, Wrapped in Rice Paper and Classic Bourguignonne

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese Marinated Mache Lettuce

SUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tuna, Shrimp and Unagi with Pickled Ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

1 oz. of Sevruga Caviar with Traditional Condiments and Buckwheat Blinis An Extra $29.00 Charge will Apply

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal Black Tiger Prawns with American Cocktail Sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE On Roasted Pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC Fleuron and Fresh Cream

BAKED ONION SOUP “LES HALLES”

A Parisian Classic

Salads

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Traditionally Prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

With blue cheese, warm bacon dressing.

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, Radicchio, Tomato Wedges, Purple Onion Rings and Watercress Choice of House, Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing

Side Dishes

BAKED POTATO WITH TRIMMINGS

SAUTEED MEDLEY OF FRESH MUSHROOMS

YUKON GOLD MASH WITH WASABI HORSERADISH

SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH TOMATO SAUCE

GRILLED FRESH VEGETABLES IN SEASON

CREAMED SPINACH WITH GARLIC

Entrees

Our Steaks Are Hand Selected and Aged for 30 Days to Our Specifications. Carefully Handled and Perfectly Cooked.

BROILED NEW YORK STRIPLOIN STEAK

14 0Z. Of the Favorite Cut for Steak Connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTERHOUSE STEAK

Combines the Full Flavor of the Strip Loin with the Tenderness of the

'Tenderloin

24 0Z. of the Best from Both Worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9 OZ. for Ihe True gourmet

SURF & TURF

Seared Lobster Tail over Tomato Confit

Grilled Filet: Mignon over Cardamom Braised Carrots, Pumpkin Ravioli

ALASKAN KING CRAB CLAWS

Served Cold, with Drawn Butter and Roasted Pepper Remoulade

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Lobster Nage Braised Sea Bass over Young Spinach and Mango Salad

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

Served With Drawn Butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

With Blackberry- Port Wine Reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

Double-Cut Lamb Chops

Served on Five Bean Cassoulet and Rosemary Jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

Center- Cut from the Highest Grade Milk-Fed Veal

Sauces Available

THREE PEPPERCORN SAUCE

WILD MUSHROOM SAUCE

SAUCE BEARNAISE

Desserts

WARM FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

Served with Homemade Ice Cream

SYMPHONY OF MOUSSES

Dark and White Chocolate, Orange and Mocha

TRIO OF CREME BRULLEE

Served with Sugar Tuiles and phyllo cigar

FRESH FRUITS

Assembly of Tropical Fruits and berries in Season, Served with Homemade Sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL CHEESES

Beverages

FRESHLY BREWED COFFEE

Regular or Decaffeinated

TEA AND HERBAL TEAS

Dessert Wines

QUADY ELECTRA, CALIFORNIA $ 3. 75 WEISSER RIESLING, SOUTH AFRICA $5.75

After Dinner Drinks

GRAHAM'S SIX GRAPE 5.25 Dow's 20 YEAR TAWNY $9.95

Dow' S VINTAGE PORT, '85 $12.95

DE MONTAL ARMAGNAC SPECIAL RESERVE $8.75

HARDY, V. S . a. P . $5.75

HARDY, X. a . $9.50

CLES DES Ducs ARMAGNAC, V. S . a . P. 6.00

PINAR DEL RIO, GAUTIER x.a. 9.95

HENNESSY, X. a . 11.00

MARTELL CORDON BLEU 10.00

HENNESSY PARADIS 35. 00

COURVOISIER X. a. 11.00

REMY MARTIN LOUIS XI I I 95.00

We booked right when we got on the ship. We had Skippers Club but arrived to the port a little later so there were people on before us. There was no line to make a reservation, and we were the only people in N&N's when we were there (Grand Cayman night). I, of course, took in all the free samples of rum I could, and had too many drinks up to that point, and I got a massive hangover headache in the middle of the meal. The part I got to enjoy was good though LOL.

I was thinking about doing this the last night. Is this a bad idea?

When you book, do you do for a certain time period?

Thanks in advance.

We enjoyed N&N's a total of 7 times our last two Miracle cruises (July and November) - you will love it.

Your reservation can be made as early as 6 PM on any given evening. If you make it for 6, you will have the table for the entire night. Lets say you make it for 8 PM, in that case they STILL reserve the table for the entire evening for you, but they simply will not expect you until 8! In other words, for each evening any given table will only be occupied by 1 group of guests!

(I likely made that much more confusing than it needed to be !)

Tom

Maybe we just went on a dead night, but it was no where close to filled up that night. Maybe a quarter of the tables were occupied. I think we were there around 7 to 9 p.m.

Same thing for us. There were only maybe 6 tables being used the night we went.

I was even surprised when making my reservation, when I was asked where we would like to be, I was told "PICK ANYWHERE". We picked front and center. It was available!

I would imagine it varies from sailing to sailing. When we were there in Feb, it was full... we tried to get reservations on the Valor in October, and by the second day, the "good" nights were gone :( I would think if you picked a night that the ship stayed later in port, or a night where there was a good menu in the regular dining room, you should be okay!!

Maybe we just went on a dead night, but it was no where close to filled up that night. Maybe a quarter of the tables were occupied. I think we were there around 7 to 9 p.m.

We had that happen too, but in our case I believe we might have been the only ones there at about the same timeframe you were. It might be that it was the first formal night, I don't know:confused:

We didn't see any "sign-up tables" upon embarking, but we put in our reservation at the restaurant. In our opinion, the service was good (as one would assume with the restaurant being empty or nearly so). The food wasn't great, or terrible, a solid Grade C. Would we go there again? No, I don't think so.

In any case, it's a very relaxing experience, and in the grand scheme of all things cruising, at $25.00 pp it's worth trying and forming your own opinion.

We went on Thursday with a reserved time of 7pm. Besides the captain and his people the only people there were the pursers crew.

I think everyone tried this supper club early in the week.

Chris-- didnt you go on a Tuesday?

She was also able to get two starters where I was told no--only one.

Same place- differnt times. (go figure--lol

I wonder how many folks "get" the Nick and Nora reference without being told these days...:)

Not me! Fill me in?

I guess that I don't understand the whole thing behind the supper club even. It sounds nice and quiet in there, maybe a little more intimate? Is the food better?? I'd be happy to hear about it and what the draw is all about. I guess that I am thinking about it from the perspective of all the "included" food (I know it isn't free! lol ;) )...what makes you want to pay for additional food?

(*NOT criticizing...JUST asking...I have never done it!)

She was also able to get two starters where I was told no--only one.

Same place- differnt times. (go figure--lol

So is Nick & Nora's different than Bacchus, you can only get one item instead of whatever you please? :confused:

We live in Tampa and are spoiled with 5 top 10 Steakhouses, so we are eager to see what the comparison is to Charley's, Bern's, Shula's, etc.

Not me! Fill me in?

I guess that I don't understand the whole thing behind the supper club even. It sounds nice and quiet in there, maybe a little more intimate? Is the food better?? I'd be happy to hear about it and what the draw is all about. I guess that I am thinking about it from the perspective of all the "included" food (I know it isn't free! lol ;) )...what makes you want to pay for additional food?

(*NOT criticizing...JUST asking...I have never done it!)

GOOGLE comes through again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_and_Nora_Charles

Tom

So is Nick & Nora's different than Bacchus' date=' you can only get one item instead of whatever you please? :confused:

We live in Tampa and are spoiled with 5 top 10 Steakhouses, so we are eager to see what the comparison is to Charley's, Bern's, Shula's, etc.[/quote']

Yes - you choose:

One starter, one salad, one side dish, one entrée, and one dessert.

TRUST ME, that is PLENTY - and they will typically (twice) also bring you "compliments of the chef" little items.

To best compare to those steakhouses - definitely get the filet... Mine came RARE (oh yeah) and you could cut it with a fork (with a little effort)! succulent and flavorful.

Here is MY list!

BEEF CARPACCIO - or (tough call) -SHRIMP COCKTAIL

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

YUKON GOLD MASH WITH WASABI HORSERADISH

BROILED FILET MIGNON (rare:D )

WASHINGTON APPLE TARTE TARTIN (served with chocolate and lemon balm salad)

If you finish all of this off, you will walk away VERY SATIATED - if not to the point of discomfort!

Tom

Does anyone that's been on the Miracle recently recall what night they have Beef Wellington in the dining room? We were thinking it was Wednesday, and that would be the day for Nick & Nora's. But with the itinerary changes and such who knows? Isn't that the day for Coz now?:confused::confused:

Itienerary changes would not affect the menus. they are fleetwide. The only menu that would be changed is the formal one.

I also see that the menus have changed in recent weeks. (maybe the lst 2 weeks)

Archived