Bringing alcohol during embarkation

lemonela

The ROI on spending a weekend prepping a $25 bottle of Gin to save on having to buy a $50 bottle of gin doesn't quite add up after a while........:D

Yep, all about the ROI... LOL! I am still a cheapskate and love to save a nickel, but not at the cost of too much of my time and effort. Cost-Benefit Analysis at work. :p

Probably the best thing to do is purchase your wine on board and don't bother bringing it on board. Wine by the glass is not that expensive and you will have less of a hastle. You should have your own bill from your sail and sign card so your family won't see the wine purchase on your bill.:cool:

They also have cruise the vinyards program. You get x amount of bottles and quality depending which package is purchased. You have to purchase on board. Can't prepurchase like other beverages package.

This way you don't have to worry about carrying on the wine.

Sent from my Honor 8 on Forums mobile app.

This sounds cool! I'll tell my husband so we can keep a lookout when we sail next weekend.

I grew up in a very strict fire and brimstone "you're gonna burn in hell" Baptist family. For the longest time, even well into adulthood, I had to hide things from my family because I was concerned about what they would think or I was worried about them judging me. Everything from drinking to life choices to political leanings had to be hidden.

One day, I decided to hell with it. I am going to live my life and not worry about what anyone thinks. I decided that I can't go around living my life trying to fulfill other people's expectations of me.

So, if you want to have a drink by the pool -- have one. If you want to bring a bottle of wine and sip on it on your balcony during sail away or watching the sunset, then do it.

Believe me!! I know what I am talking about. You will be much happier and believe me they will get over it. And if they don't then that is their problem -- not yours.

Have a good trip!!!

I laughed at your post, and completely agree. I have friends that loved to preach, but gave up on me, as I pointed out how they have been told wrong and gave them the reasons. They just shut up around me, and silently pray for me.

It sounds like it depends on which Port you are sailing out of determines how hard they look at your wine/sodas.

Galveston they inspect the seals and corks on the wine and tear open and dig through the soda boxes like there is a prize in the bottom for them. Then you have to deal with a ripped open box of sodas to deal with until you can access your room.

Sent from my Honor 8 on Forums mobile app.

True.

They will know about it in galveston.

And no, it doesn't have to be in your carry on, it just had to be carried on. A plastic bag will work, or even the bottle in your hand.

Please don't drop it and break it though, it slows down everyone else checking in.

We recently did a B2B out of Tampa and had 3 bottles of champagne in our carry-on. I was prepared to show the second boarding pass, but the guy did not care at all. Heck we could have had a bottle of booze and walked right aboard. Was a bit strange....

We also took the champagne up the funnel/sky deck and popped the cork(s) to commemorate going under the Sunshine bridge (twice). No one cared and even got a few "whooos" from other passengers.

We recently did a B2B out of Tampa and had 3 bottles of champagne in our carry-on. I was prepared to show the second boarding pass, but the guy did not care at all. Heck we could have had a bottle of booze and walked right aboard. Was a bit strange....

We also took the champagne up the funnel/sky deck and popped the cork(s) to commemorate going under the Sunshine bridge (twice). No one cared and even got a few "whooos" from other passengers.

situations on the ships in general are often more loosey goosey than you would expect from reading these boards :)

I grew up in a very strict fire and brimstone "you're gonna burn in hell" Baptist family. For the longest time, even well into adulthood, I had to hide things from my family because I was concerned about what they would think or I was worried about them judging me. Everything from drinking to life choices to political leanings had to be hidden.

One day, I decided to hell with it. I am going to live my life and not worry about what anyone thinks. I decided that I can't go around living my life trying to fulfill other people's expectations of me.

So, if you want to have a drink by the pool -- have one. If you want to bring a bottle of wine and sip on it on your balcony during sail away or watching the sunset, then do it.

Believe me!! I know what I am talking about. You will be much happier and believe me they will get over it. And if they don't then that is their problem -- not yours.

Have a good trip!!!

My husband is a PK (southern Baptist). His father still actively preaches. They are extremely conservative- no drinking, no going to movie theaters and they even leave a wedding before the dance portion. DH is still respectful of his parents' but we live our own life. We try not to flaunt it, we don't drink in their home and in our own home he is discreet about it. They would never go on a cruise with us because they don't like oceans or cruising or anything like that, but if they did, we would bring on the bottle of wine and they can get over it.

I'd bring it up and ask them if they wouldn't mind carrying a bottle each through for you haha

I would do the same thing! :D Why waste the chance to maximize the number of bottles allowed in your party? We are sailing with family and my in-laws got Cheers, but they sure enough will be each bringing on a bottle of wine for yours truly. ;p

True.

They will know about it in galveston.

And no, it doesn't have to be in your carry on, it just had to be carried on. A plastic bag will work, or even the bottle in your hand.

Please don't drop it and break it though, it slows down everyone else checking in.

We sailed out of Galveston in August. Packed 2 12pks of soda and a bottle of wine and champagne in a separate carry on. Bag was never opened and nothing was said. Must have gotten lucky.

Hello! I am cruising for the first time with Carnival and have a question about the 750 ml alcohol allowance. Although all over 21, some of my traveling companions frown upon alcohol consumption, and I have some concern about their judgement if I bring some wine along in my carry-on. When screened, does the staff take out the bottle to ensure that it's unopened and of appropriate size, or can I get by without my family knowing I'd prefer to have a drink by the pool?

You can only bring wine. Not alcohol .

Play 2: You yourself try to bring a case 12 pack of water along with your wine. You'll be brought over to the side, where it will be explained you can not bring water and it will be confiscated. ......

Maybe that would work to fool the other family members, but they might know it's okay to bring water in CANS on board, just not in plastic bottles. I just mention this as some readers might not know they can bring water, it just HAS to be in cans. Same for other soft beverages - only cans or items I believe are called "juice boxes".

If I'm wrong please someone correct me! We plan to bring a 12 pack of Diet Dr Pepper along with our 750 ml bottles of wine.......:cool:

I understand. I grew up as a Baptist. Out of respect for my parents I never drank in front of them.

As for your bottle being pulled out of your carry-on, there is a chance. It happens to me about 70% of the time.

Don't risk the embarrassment to you or your family.