Captain's Club vs. Crown & Anchor, I'm SO confused!

rucruisn2

We are select members of the Captain's Club. Have never sailed on RCCL, yet. I just called the Crown & Anchor desk to join because I thought if you were a select or higher member, you got the bennies of the other club. Found out you actually have to sail on Royal first to join, but can still get the benefits. ???? I don't get it! Can someone explain this process to me? How can I get $$off a sailing offered to Platinum level members without a number? Thanks.

My understanding is that the benefits for the two loyalty programs sort of run parallel; if you book a Celebrity Cruise and are a Crown and Anchor Member, you will get the equivalent level of benefits on your Celebrity Cruise and vice versa. You will NOT get RCCL cruise credit for a Celebrity Cruise ( you will get credit for the cruise with Celebrity) on your C&A membership with RCCL.

Hope that makes some sense and helps.

I'm with you - I don't get it. We are members of Captain's Club with Celebrity and are sailing on Vision next year in a GS. I sailed on Nordic Prince in 1993 but apparently that will not count and they have no records of that. Can we join Crown and Ancore before we sail? Will it make any difference on Vision? ?????

Hunh? I'll get a credit on the Captain's club for a cruise on Royal?

No. They share benefits not bookings. Sailings on RCCL only count to Crown & Anchor. Sailing on X on count toward Captain's Club.

If you are Select CC, let your agent know. When you book your cruise on RCCL you will get the benefits of the same level of C&A

I'm with you - I don't get it. We are members of Captain's Club with Celebrity and are sailing on Vision next year in a GS. I sailed on Nordic Prince in 1993 but apparently that will not count and they have no records of that. Can we join Crown and Ancore before we sail? Will it make any difference on Vision? ?????

You'll be able to join Crown&Anchor since you have sailed on RCI before. However, if you are a Captain's Club member of at least the equivalent of RCI's platinum level, you will get the platinum level benefits for your sailing on Vision (you won't be bumped up to platinum level C&A membership though).

In other words, if you've sailed Celebrity twice and RCI three times, you can't combine those sailings to bump up to the next level of membership benefits. But if you've sailed one line 5 times and the other once, no matter which line, you'll get the additional benefits on both lines because of having sailed 5 times on one of the lines.

We had a similar experience. We booked a cruise on the Legend of the Seas for February, 2004. We previously had sailed on the Monarch in March, 1992. In between these two RCCL cruises we had sailed Celebrity six times so we were Select members on Celebrity.

I went to the RCCL site to join the C&A prior to the cruise on the Legend. The site asks for the name of the ship you sailed and the date of the cruise. Interestingly the site only allowed the year 1994 and later. Even though my cruise was in 1992, I entered 1994. I received my C&A number before the cruise on the LOTS. While on the LOTS we were afforded the equivalent level of benefits to the Select level on Celebrity. :)

I just called tonight to find out about this too...and I was told that the previous RCCL cruise # was transfered to my X as 'mock ups' to equate the club benefits. This meant that I was given Select status on Celebrity after having 6 RCCL cruises (and only 2 X cruises). What I don't know is if the benefits of C&A are the same as the Capt's Club. I read the website after being assured that I had that level and didn't see anything about discounts on purchases, etc. I know that when we were previously on RCCL cruises, and I admit that it's been a couple of years since we were on one b/c we've moved up to X and others, we got a discount by showing our club membership cards when we made purchases on board. I don't even know if this still holds true or what.

On RCCL, a CC select member will get platinum benefits. There will be priority boarding when you arrive to embark. When you get on board, there will be a coupon book in your stateroom for discounts on board, plus a gift. You don't have to show your membership card. I'm not sure what else as I've haven't reached platinum yet.

From the C&A website, here are the benefits:

• Platinum Ultimate Value Booklet* (savings increase at each membership level)
  • Complimentary Wine Tasting**
  • Welcome Back Party**
  • Commemorative gift
  • Private departure lounge
  • Exclusive onboard event
  • Robes for use onboard
  • Priority check-in (where available)
  • NEW! Receive matching Captain's Club
    member recognition when you sail our sister line, Celebrity Cruises®
  • A special number to call for pre-cruise benefits, (888) 437-1953 BEN_dagger.gif
  • Complimentary custom air fee BEN_dagger.gif
  • Special rates on balcony and suite staterooms BEN_dagger.gif

You'll be able to join Crown&Anchor since you have sailed on RCI before. However, if you are a Captain's Club member of at least the equivalent of RCI's platinum level, you will get the platinum level benefits for your sailing on Vision (you won't be bumped up to platinum level C&A membership though).

In other words, if you've sailed Celebrity twice and RCI three times, you can't combine those sailings to bump up to the next level of membership benefits. But if you've sailed one line 5 times and the other once, no matter which line, you'll get the additional benefits on both lines because of having sailed 5 times on one of the lines.

You can only join C&A if you can PROVE you sailed on RCI previously. They will require documentation to give you credit for a cruise so far in the past.

I just sailed on X and am Diamond Plus on RCI. There is no comparison as to the benefits received. IMO, those on X were worthless.

Just to let you know. We are select Captain's Club members and took our first RCCL cruise in October. I called the Crown and Anchor and he took our information ( captain's club numbers) and sent us out our platinum cards in advance of sailing. Also, when our TA got our final documents, the price was minus the Crown and Anchor discount. I agree that RCCL's crown and anchor is a big step above Celebrity's Captains club. Mary

We have sailed RCCL 3 times in the past-so I guess we do not have plat. status but just "gold" I think.

We asked our TA if we had any benefits and she was not sure-she said for us to call Celebrity.

Now on our Mariner cruise we got the wine tasting thing, the free Johnny Rockets, of course the private party thing and some coupons for drinks etc. with our "gold" statis but I guess we do not get anything like that on Celebrity since this is our first Celebrity cruise right?

I don't mind-we got a great deal-we are doing a bargain Zenith cruise and I thought it was neat we get the bathrobes-which is considered an extra on RCCL-not that I ever use them anyway. Just thought it was nice that it was a standard for all cruisers.

From the Celebrity website:

"Introducing Equivalent Recognition

Miami - (January 01, 2005 ) - Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International have launched a new program offering members of their Loyalty programs Equivalent Recognition when they sail on either brand. Equivalent Recognition offers members of the top two tier levels of the programs the opportunity to sail on the sister brand and receive benefits based on their highest tier level between the brands. For example, an Elite Captain's Club member who sails onboard a Royal Caribbean ship will receive the benefits of a Diamond Crown & Anchor member and vise versa. Select/Elite Captain's Club members and Platinum/Diamond Crown & Anchor members who have never sailed on the sister brand can easily enroll in the sister's brands program at their equal tier by simply calling the Loyalty Call Center at 1 800 760-0654. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent and the number of sailing's a member has accrued on each brand will not be combined."

We have sailed RCCL 3 times in the past-so I guess we do not have plat. status but just "gold" I think.

We asked our TA if we had any benefits and she was not sure-she said for us to call Celebrity.

Now on our Mariner cruise we got the wine tasting thing, the free Johnny Rockets, of course the private party thing and some coupons for drinks etc. with our "gold" statis but I guess we do not get anything like that on Celebrity since this is our first Celebrity cruise right?

I don't mind-we got a great deal-we are doing a bargain Zenith cruise and I thought it was neat we get the bathrobes-which is considered an extra on RCCL-not that I ever use them anyway. Just thought it was nice that it was a standard for all cruisers.

I am Diamond Plus on RCI so Elite on X.

All I got "free" was 10 internet minutes, absolutely NOTHING else.

On RCI, I get drinks, wine tasting, photo of my choice, 20 internet minutes and lots more.

On RCI, I get drinks, wine tasting, photo of my choice, 20 internet minutes and lots more.

Yep you are right-we each got 10 minutes of internet and a also a 5 by 7 "free" photo of the ship for our gold stais also. I forgot that. But that did not make up for the terrible food in the dinningroom or how crowded the pools were on sea days.

Never again on RCCL for me so I guess my gold statis is it.

If the food is decent on Celebrity I could care less about the other stuff.

• 4 months later...

We are Platinum C & A members on RCCL and were looking to book a balcony cabin on Celebrity. We have also sailed on Celebrity twice. We were told by Celebrity's customer service there would be no discount of any kind for the balcony cabin.

We are Booked on our first Celebrity Cruise 11 Night Mexican Riviera on the Mercury January 29th,2007

We have Cruised with Royal Caribbean 8 times and are members of The Crown & Anchor Society

I called Celebrity Captains Club with my Celebrity Com.# and Crown & Anchor #'s Celebirty isued us Captain's Club #'s Plus counted our Past Cruises with RCCL We received our new cards this past Saturday in the mail also a letter stating We are select Level

:)

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Whichever club you have the higher level on will make you the equal level on the other line (whether or not you've actually sailed enough with the other line to acheive that status).

Our Diamond Level on RCI automatically made us Elite staus on Celebrity, even though we had not cruised enough Celebrity cruises to reach Elite with them alone.

It is a little confusing. Just remember, whichever line you have the highest status with, that status level will tranfer to the other line.

By the way, RCI's onboard benefits far outweigh anything Celebrity provides. I think RCI has figured out that the benefits they provide their higher levels are costing them too much. Let's hope they don't change their benefits to match Celebrity's.

We are select members of the Captain's Club. Have never sailed on RCCL, yet. I just called the Crown & Anchor desk to join because I thought if you were a select or higher member, you got the bennies of the other club. Found out you actually have to sail on Royal first to join, but can still get the benefits. ???? I don't get it! Can someone explain this process to me? How can I get $$off a sailing offered to Platinum level members without a number? Thanks

When reciprocal membership became a benefit for captain's club (we are elite), I called crown and anchor to request membership even though I have never cruised on Royal Caribbean and did not have a cruise booked. They gave me our diamond membership numbers immediately and within a few weeks we got our Crown and Anchor cards.

As an elite member of captains club, you should have gotten an invitation to the regular captains club party for all members as well as the officers party for select and elite. You also should have gotten an invitation to a cabernat wine blending seminar, and two behind the scenes tours.

We are Platinum C & A members on RCCL and were looking to book a balcony cabin on Celebrity. We have also sailed on Celebrity twice. We were told by Celebrity's customer service there would be no discount of any kind for the balcony cabin.

Celebrity's upgrades for members are as follows - from Celebrity's website:

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for inside-to-inside or outside-to-outside staterooms, depending on availability. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Suites, ConciergeClass and verandas excluded. Not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. Zenith, Century, Galaxy, Mercury, Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation: Upgrades available from categories 11-4.

The way it works is that you book your cabin (oceanview or inside) and pay one category lower's price.

We combined RCCL and Celebrity and got Elite status with our last cruise in Feb. The wine tasting was not worth the time but that's just for us, we have a wine cellar and the husband is really into wine so we already had a good wine education and would have appreciated a better 'seminar'. The tour that we took was behind the scenes at the theatre and this was something I totally enjoyed. We gained a new respect for what the dancers and singers go through to entertain us.

Special boarding was nothing special because we were there at the same time as our friends, for whom we were willing to wait just to go on the ship together but, in the end, we arrived at a time when the boarding lounge wasn't busy so we all got through the entry process at the same time.

RCCL used to (and maybe still do, I don't know for sure having moved beyond them to the Celebrity ships) give discounts for onboard purchases based on the cruiser level in the C & A club. Celebrity does nothing of the kind, sadly. I'd like to be rewarded in an instant gratification kind of way like that. Celebrity gives coupons for specific things with your package when you get to the room--but we always forget to use them or they're just not coupons to things that we'd consider doing to meet the criteria for use.

I have just called RCI who have transfered my platinum status for Crown & Ancor to my first Celebrity cruise. So I am now a platinum member of the Captains Club.

What extras does this get me? The advisor mentioned a free upgrade, is that correct? Do I mention this to Celebrity now, or wait till boarding to ask for the upgrade?

Thanks,

Kelly :)

I have just called RCI who have transfered my platinum status for Crown & Ancor to my first Celebrity cruise. So I am now a platinum member of the Captains Club.

What extras does this get me? The advisor mentioned a free upgrade, is that correct? Do I mention this to Celebrity now, or wait till boarding to ask for the upgrade?

Thanks,

Kelly :)

Kelly -

Your platinum status transfers to Select status with Celebrity. To see a list of your benefits, you can go to the Celebrity website and click on Captain's Club and then benefits.

What category cabin did you get? If you got a concierge class, verandah or suite, there is no upgrade. If you got an oceanview or an inside and you did not get a promotional fare (happy hour, etc), then you could get a captain's club upgrade within the same category - inside to inside or oceanview to oceanview. The way the upgrade works is that you pick out your cabin and pay one cat lower's price - say you pick out a cat 4 cabin, you pay a cat 5 price. The nice thing about the captain's club upgrade is that you get to pick out your room - you don't get moved to the next category and possibly a room in what you consider a bad location (for us it would be way forward for example). You cannot upgrade between inside to oceanview or oceanview to concierge or verandah.

The captain's club upgrade should be applied at the time of booking.

Archived