Shadowmeboy's Escape to the Western Caribbean!

shadowmeboy

Enjoying your review so much! Just got off the Escape June 3 and this is bringing back so many memories. In fact, we loved the Escape so much that we already booked the Escape next year when she relocates and sails from NYC to Bermuda. Isn't Tyler the best cruise director ever!

Thank you! Sweet, have fun next year!. I loved Tyler's energy, it is contagious.

Really enjoying your review - your pictures are fantastic! We were on the Escape last December, so your review is bringing back many memories. We have the same itinerary as yours scheduled for this December, but on the Getaway. Thanks for posting the Dailies and the menus, too!

Thank you! I am glad I can bring back those memories! No problem, it helps me remember what we got and did!

Note: I will finish day 4 tomorrow. Till then.

A main crew hallway that runs the length of the ship, its named after interstate 95 which runs from New England to Florida.

Awesome. Thank you. I haven't seen that referenced in any of the reviews I read. By looking at it, it seemed like a crew hallway. Thank you for the review!

Actually, "I-95" refers to the Crewman's Landing Permit that workers must fill out for US Customs and Border Protection, not the I-95 freeway...

Can I ask what the I-95 is?

A main crew hallway that runs the length of the ship, its named after interstate 95 which runs from New England to Florida.

Actually, "I-95" refers to the Crewman's Landing Permit that workers must fill out for US Customs and Border Protection, not the I-95 freeway...

Actually both are correct and used. So we are both correct. Thank you for adding that.

Harvest Caye Map insert in the Freestyle Daily

i-DwfWHZm-L.jpg

i-BNDf9Zn-L.jpg

Susan went to her hot stone massage early this morning to take advantage of our latitudes discount on spa services while in port. I slept in. Hey I need my beauty sleep! We met at Savor at about 830 am.

Bircher Muesli - Susan said it was cold and not so tasty. I took her word for it.

i-mHLqkQr-L.jpg

Oh look, my yogurt parfait!

I love the muesli! It was my go-to breakfast every morning on the Getaway. I will say it is an acquired taste if you're used to eating your oatmeal hot. But the cinnamon and the fresh fruit in there...yum! But maybe the muesli on the Escape was not as good as what I had on the Getaway last year. But they better improve it by September when I get on the Escape :) Loving your review. Your photos are beautiful.

I love the muesli! It was my go-to breakfast every morning on the Getaway. I will say it is an acquired taste if you're used to eating your oatmeal hot. But the cinnamon and the fresh fruit in there...yum! But maybe the muesli on the Escape was not as good as what I had on the Getaway last year. But they better improve it by September when I get on the Escape :) Loving your review. Your photos are beautiful.

She was expecting a hot cereal and it definitely was not what she wanted.

Thank you for your kind words!

Lets pick up where we left off.

On any of our longer cruises, 7+ nights we also get a stairwell photo in addition to the boarding photo.

Here is our stairwell photo!

i-VHMpgvx-L.jpg

Cagney's was on tap for tonight!

A romantic meal with a beautiful lady!

i-pnL8qTT-L.jpg

Trace, our friend, had to get in on the action! Just had to be in the picture! (over my right shoulder)

i-7hh6WT7-L.jpg

Mom and Dad wanted a picture of them

i-pr7WRJm-L.jpg

i-gQJSJq8-L.jpg

The Menu

i-B9f3Pnd-L.jpg

Iceberg Wedge

i-DqLZSWx-L.jpg

Porterhouse with Rice

i-QX8svBs-L.jpg

New York Strip with Baked Potato and Caramelized Brussel Sprouts

i-86rFFFk-L.jpg

Surf and Turf with Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Zucchini

i-2Kx2NFc-L.jpg

Porterhouse with Baked Potato and Mac and Cheese (I asked for bacon on top of the Mac and Cheese when they brought the toppings for the Baked Potato).

i-xmXNDCk-L.jpg

Dessert Menu

i-MStP9HG-L.jpg

Seven Layer Cake

i-cLJTZRD-L.jpg

Raspberry Creme Brulee

i-bBVFjzW-L.jpg

Decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownie

i-wQWd8pq-L.jpg

After Dinner, we took a few more pictures.

Susan and Mom

i-hkCLLwt-L.jpg

Mom and I

i-h3PzKCj-L.jpg

This little critter was awaiting us at the stateroom

i-F47nS6W-L.jpg