coral class-princess island rooms D727 or 728

wleigh1021

I booked the princess island for Alaska next Sept. I can't afford a normal oceanview but I would like to see the scenery as we are cruising. All of the pictures I found for obstructed view in this class looked pretty awful. I went with D727 because it seems like the best bet, but I couldn't find any pictures of the view from this room. Has anyone stayed in D727 or 728 and has a picture of the view? I'd rather save the $400 and go with an inside if it's no good. TIA!!

The Coral and Island are no longer "sister ships", especially the aft area. For example - on the Coral Princess - this cabin doesn't exist. If on the Coral, the aft cabins are great, as one can easily get outside for the aft viewing area. I am not familiar with these cabins on the Island Princess. Hopefully someone can answer you.

Though - I wouldn't worry about going with an outside cabin. You can always go outside for the view!

Both cabins are at the very back of the ship. The view is fully obstructed meaning little or no view. There will be ship structure of equipment blocking your view.

I've seen you post that before without apparent knowledge of the cabin in question. Have you actually seen the view from this one? Please note that all "fully obstructed" cabins are not created equally. Some have a quite decent view, others do not. We have chosen several that only had "obstruction" if one looked straight down. The view straight out the window was perfectly clear.

I found this thread. No pictures, but post #6 should make you feel better: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53098588&highlight=D727#post53098588

thanks! good to know about the vibrations too. I've been in on a princess Alaskan cruise in the very front and it was awful! I'll take vibrations over wave crashing on that first day at sea....

The Coral and Island are no longer "sister ships", especially the aft area. For example - on the Coral Princess - this cabin doesn't exist. If on the Coral, the aft cabins are great, as one can easily get outside for the aft viewing area. I am not familiar with these cabins on the Island Princess. Hopefully someone can answer you.

Though - I wouldn't worry about going with an outside cabin. You can always go outside for the view!

good to know, I thought they still were!

good to know, I thought they still were!

The Island no longer has the aft viewing area and they have changed quite a few other things. You may want to do a search. I believe the Promenade deck is sort of cut up now and one lounge is gone (Universe Lounge). They built up the aft area with cabins.

If you really liked the ships before, you may want to look at booking the Coral Princess instead. Or maybe these things don't matter.

I've seen you post that before without apparent knowledge of the cabin in question. Have you actually seen the view from this one? Please note that all "fully obstructed" cabins are not created equally. Some have a quite decent view, others do not. We have chosen several that only had "obstruction" if one looked straight down. The view straight out the window was perfectly clear.

Becky .

That is a nasty comment. That is the main reason I'm finding that CC isn't worth seeing or going to.

I've done 23 cruise with Princess and 6 in obstructed cabins on the Island and Coral. All the ones I've been in

are ether partially or fully obstructed bt equipment.

Becky .

That is a nasty comment. That is the main reason I'm finding that CC isn't worth seeing or going to.

I've done 23 cruise with Princess and 6 in obstructed cabins on the Island and Coral. All the ones I've been in

It's true, I found a site with pictures of pretty much every obstructed room view and they were really bad on the island. But from looking at exterior ship photo's these 2 particular rooms don't appear to have any equipment in front of them. They are encased though on both sides by ship exterior.

Becky .

It's true, I found a site with pictures of pretty much every obstructed room view and they were really bad on the island. But from looking at exterior ship photo's these 2 particular rooms don't appear to have any equipment in front of them. They are encased though on both sides by ship exterior.

The cabins in question seem to have windows facing port or starboard. There is NO equipment in front of those windows, although there does seem to be a beam. OP, I'm not sure what kind of view you'll have, but you will have sunlight. See the image:

35521402321_6a66b907b7_b.jpg

Island princess by Richard, on Flickr

Becky .

Sorry if I offended you. I certainly didn't intend to be "nasty." Just didn't want anyone to be mislead again by that comment of "little to no view." My apologies for coming across as nasty.

Sorry if I offended you. I certainly didn't intend to be "nasty." Just didn't want anyone to be mislead again by that comment of "little to no view." My apologies for coming across as nasty.

Appreciate the apology. I've had people accuse me of mis information. One person accused of lying about my hometown and province Where I live.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The cabins in question seem to have windows facing port or starboard. There is NO equipment in front of those windows, although there does seem to be a beam. OP, I'm not sure what kind of view you'll have, but you will have sunlight. See the image:

35521402321_6a66b907b7_b.jpg

Island princess by Richard, on Flickr

Correct NO obstruction other than the beam for the aft facing OV cabins on the Island.

I think Thrak stayed in a similar one on the Coral. :confused:

I booked the princess island for Alaska next Sept. I can't afford a normal oceanview but I would like to see the scenery as we are cruising. All of the pictures I found for obstructed view in this class looked pretty awful. I went with D727 because it seems like the best bet, but I couldn't find any pictures of the view from this room. Has anyone stayed in D727 or 728 and has a picture of the view? I'd rather save the $400 and go with an inside if it's no good. TIA!!

Very obstructed, no view but you will get some sunlight. Save $400 and go with an inside cabin.

Enjoy your cruise.