Meraviglia Gala/Formal nights

Leighglo

Hi, for those of you who have sailed on MSC's new ship ...... Can you pls let me know when the Gala/Formal nights are pls?? This will help us plan for when we book the speciality restaurants. We set sail on Friday from Barcelona - yay!! I understand we have to wait til we're on board to book everything!

Thank you x

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the gala nights were one after the other but maybe this changes from cruise to cruise! Yes we'll find out when we get there next Friday! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi .............. they are now known as 'Elegant' nights. On our cruise they were on the Tuesday and Thursday nights. We had hoped to organise our speciality restaurant visits around the Gala nights, too, but when we embarked, they hadn't decided which nights they would be on so we had to go day to day without any set plans. Hopefully they've settled into a routine by now. As it happened, we didn't need to prebook the restaurants as they had tables available when we wanted them.

Kikki ............... because I was posting 'Live', some of the info was 'of the moment' which was why I originally stated that the 'Elegant' nights would be on consecutive nights. I spent quite a bit of time correcting the statements I was making as things kept evolving while we were on the ship. That was because we had embarked 2 days before arriving to Genoa where MSC decided that the regular routine would begin. We experienced the transition between inaugural and the procedures that were being implemented for the routine itinerary as a result.

Great stuff both. Kikki I bet you really can't wait now! We've still got 30 days to go!!!! I think I've watched pretty much every video on YT. Saw the vids of the Way and Paz show today and was quite impressed.

Just like to add that on our first 'Elegant' night (Tuesday) there were so few dressed for the occasion it felt like any ordinary night onboard. However, the second one (Thursday), 'Meet the Captain' night, more people made an effort.

We met the Captain in the Top Sail Lounge @ 5pm. Practically everyone who attended were very smartly dressed.

YMMV.

Ah Bea thank you for correcting me lol! I hope there is a more established routine onboard now & hopefully flexi dining is back as that will really suit us.

I have started to properly pack now with my lists - I really hate packing, love travelling but packing urgh! [emoji85]

Ah Bea thank you for correcting me lol! I hope there is a more established routine onboard now & hopefully flexi dining is back as that will really suit us.

I have started to properly pack now with my lists - I really hate packing, love travelling but packing urgh! [emoji85]

As an Aurea guest, you'll have MyChoice dining, Kikki ............. that hasn't been affected. It's only the new, flexi-dining for Fantastica bookings that hasn't worked out.

I hate the packing, too. I always end up bringing more than I need 'cos I never know what I'll be in the mood to wear and want lots of choices LOL

Not much longer to go, now! :*

I Love Packing, So Much So that I have friends & family Who Get me to pack for them😀 I usually pack and unpack three times. First time between 3 and 4 weeks out😁

I hate packing to come home again. I don't why but seems you buy a single t-shirt and suddenly you can no longer fit everything in your case without sitting on it 🤔😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

I Love Packing, So Much So that I have friends & family Who Get me to pack for them[emoji3] I usually pack and unpack three times. First time between 3 and 4 weeks out[emoji16]

I hate packing to come home again. I don't why but seems you buy a single t-shirt and suddenly you can no longer fit everything in your case without sitting on it [emoji848][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

I usually pack twice well I used to - now I can get it down to just 1 pack but I get bored & have to break it down into several sessions! [emoji15]

I usually end up trying on my wardrobe & thinking yay or what was I thinking lol!

At least it's started & will complete it tomorrow.

I don't like leaving it till the last minute.

Like you Bea, I usually over pack - need 20 outfits, pack 40!!! [emoji15]

Hi Kikki, can you please do me a favour and check out what men are wearing on the elegant nights. We cruise on 20/10 and will be travelling from Australia. Only thing is we are doing UK road trip and side trips for the month before with Max 20 k luggage. The men folk would rather not pack a suit and have to lug it around if they don't need to. Cruise is last week of the holiday. Just want to know what they will fit in wearing. Thanks so much. You must be bursting with excitement now!

Hi Kikki, can you please do me a favour and check out what men are wearing on the elegant nights. We cruise on 20/10 and will be travelling from Australia. Only thing is we are doing UK road trip and side trips for the month before with Max 20 k luggage. The men folk would rather not pack a suit and have to lug it around if they don't need to. Cruise is last week of the holiday. Just want to know what they will fit in wearing. Thanks so much. You must be bursting with excitement now!

Will do - my fiancé is taking his tux/suit & I'm taking 2 dressy dresses but we like to dress up!

I'm hopefully going to finish my clothes packing today so the excitement is definitely building!

Hi you do not have to wear a suit on the Elegant nights, it is not compulsory. I wore a trousers and shirt which was fine, but many didn't dress 'formally' at all and had shorts on. I wore taylored shorts each night except for the Elegant nights like, I wore a suit pants, shirt and waist coat one of the nights.

Thanks Alan, I guess they will be ok putting a pair of dress pants and a couple of shirts at the bottom of their suitcase and leave them there until we get on board. Makes it hard when you are doing a big trip. Australia is so far away from everywhere you need to make the most out of every overseas trip.

Thanks Alan, I guess they will be ok putting a pair of dress pants and a couple of shirts at the bottom of their suitcase and leave them there until we get on board. Makes it hard when you are doing a big trip. Australia is so far away from everywhere you need to make the most out of every overseas trip.

They will be fine with that, enjoy the holiday.