Mocktails

Do they still do Longboat Fizz? (Ginger beer and a shot of lime) Last time I was on Ventura it was £1 cheaper if you ordered a can of ginger beer and a shot of lime juice. I guess the extra £ was for the straw and a piece of lime :o

On our last cruise I found my wife's mocktails more refreshing and pleasant tasting than the cocktails, next time I think I might switch.

Reading between the lines you have already switched, on your previous cruise.

Regards John

• 1 month later...

I was disappointed to find that the Sea Breeze has been changed slightly. It's now 'Saintly Sea Breeze' and made with grapefruit juice and not apple juice.

The first one I had was incredibly bitter/sour. I did ask another night if they could make it with apple, but I was told it was grapefruit only.

Not being one to give up, I tried it a second time and it wasn't too bad - more like the 'original'. I have a feeling that the first one I had had a little too much grapefruit juice.

Snap - I also dislike the new seabreeze. It used to taste great but now it is sour as you say. I also asked for it to be made the "classic" way and managed to get this once, but in general they would only do it the new, sour way. :(

I don't know why they changed it, unless they got a bulk buy on grapefruit juice and don't know what to do with it... ;)

The other thing I noted is that the mocktails on the menu are not the only ones available (I maybe wrong). There was one on the back of the Horizon - Island Punch, which I don't recall being in the 6 or 7 on the menu. It sounded ok, but I didn't go for it.

Seems odd to only publicise it there.