Birth Certificate

AS long as whatever security measure; color changing ink, holographic seal, watermark, plastic strip embed, magnetic strip, or raised seal; the issuing Department of Health or Vital Statistics uses to show it is valid copy of the Birth Certificate you should be good to go.

If severely in doubt try to take the birth certificate to where ever locally you would apply for a Passport, county clerk, local courthouse, post office, or federal office, as they can confirm the validity of the document.

FYI...I just had to take my birth certificate as my passport had expired and hadn't been returned yet. ALONG with my birth certificate, I also needed my marriage license to prove my married name, since my birth certificate (obviously, lol) was my maiden name. Just a heads up...

• 3 months later...
FYI...I just had to take my birth certificate as my passport had expired and hadn't been returned yet. ALONG with my birth certificate, I also needed my marriage license to prove my married name, since my birth certificate (obviously, lol) was my maiden name. Just a heads up...

So, my girlfriend Drivers license has her married name ( previous marriage lol) and her birth certificate has her maiden name. We are bringing her Birth Certificate as well as a copy of her Marriage license which instituted the name change. This should be fine correct. I have spoken to Carnival and they say no marriage license is necessary but better be safe then sorry. Were you asked by Carnival for marriage license when boarding or by CBP when returning to US?

So, my girlfriend Drivers license has her married name ( previous marriage lol) and her birth certificate has her maiden name. We are bringing her Birth Certificate as well as a copy of her Marriage license which instituted the name change. This should be fine correct. I have spoken to Carnival and they say no marriage license is necessary but better be safe then sorry. Were you asked by Carnival for marriage license when boarding or by CBP when returning to US?

Birth certificate for proof of identity. Marriage license for name change. Works great.

I had to bring birth certificate, marriage license, (for current marriage) and then my divorce decree (for my first marriage). My marriage license had my ex married last name going to my new married name..

I decided it was easier to get passport to eliminate all that paper work.

I had my marriage license but strangely enough, I needed it only to prove ownership of the kids. I did not need it to prove why my name was different. Customs looks at first name, middle or maiden name, and date of birth to check to see if it is you.

we sailed out of Galveston last month and I ended up having my son's passport with me instead of mine (mine was back in Nebraska). They told me that I needed was to have a picture of my birth certificate...not my passport emailed to me. Once they looked at it on my phone and approved it, they had me email it to Carnival and they printed it off and I was good to go. I didn't have to have my marriage license to prove my name change. I told my husband the only thing on my birth certificate that is still the same is my birth date. So, just picture id and birth certificate is all I needed.

At boarding they asked to see it. Have fun!!!