Baltic Heritage on Crown Princess 3 June, 2017

PurpleTraveller

Hi Purple Traveller

I have a bit of an odd request. My wife and I will be travelling on the Baltic Heritage Itinerary on the Sapphire Princess on the 8th of September 2018. We were wondering what nights the formal nights were on? And, thank you for the wonderful revue and pictures.

Ron & Kathy L

Bobcaygeon ON, Canada

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the review. We had three formal nights which were the nights of the first sea day (between Bruges and Copenhagen), Helsinki and the first sea day after Gdansk (second last night of the cruise). Hope you have a great cruise.

Sent from my A1601 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for such an interesting and detailed review. We have booked this cruise on the Sapphire in July 2018 and you have made me a lot more excited. It sounds like a spectacular cruise.
Thanks. So glad you enjoyed the review. This was a wonderful cruise and itinerary. Hope you have a fabulous cruise in July next year!

I see that you are cruising around South America in February of 2018. Make sure you take a really warm jacket for the south half of SA. My wife and I were on this cruise for xmas and new year of 2016. My wife took a warm Canadian jacket, with a hood, good for -40 degrees Celsius. She could have sold it many times over for a neat profit. The average temperature is 10 degrees Celsius. And, the winds are extremely ferocious. The jacket was a cumbersome extra load, but worth all the effort.

Ron & Kathy L

I see that you are cruising around South America in February of 2018. Make sure you take a really warm jacket for the south half of SA. My wife and I were on this cruise for xmas and new year of 2016. My wife took a warm Canadian jacket, with a hood, good for -40 degrees Celsius. She could have sold it many times over for a neat profit. The average temperature is 10 degrees Celsius. And, the winds are extremely ferocious. The jacket was a cumbersome extra load, but worth all the effort.

Ron & Kathy L

Thank you for the advice. I will make sure I pack a good jacket, merino wool layers, gloves and a hat. I would rather be too warm than cold!

• 1 month later...

Thankyou Purple Traveller. We have just read your review and have enjoyed immensely every single piece of it. We are doing the cruise this year June 2018 and cannot thankyou enough for the wondeful ideas you have written about of things to do in each port. By the time you receive this you will most probably be on your next adventure and we wish you nothing but smooth seas and happy and safe times. Kind Regards Don and Chris from Adelaide.

Thankyou Purple Traveller. We have just read your review and have enjoyed immensely every single piece of it. We are doing the cruise this year June 2018 and cannot thankyou enough for the wondeful ideas you have written about of things to do in each port. By the time you receive this you will most probably be on your next adventure and we wish you nothing but smooth seas and happy and safe times. Kind Regards Don and Chris from Adelaide.
Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. This a fabulous itinerary and we had a great time. I leave for South America in a week so getting very excited. Will do another review on my return. I hope you have a wonderful cruise in June and have great weather.

Excellent review, thoroughly enjoyed it. I did a TA plus Baltic on the Regal in 2016, fabulous cruise. I leave in a week, too for a SA cruise on the Emerald Princess, can't wait! :) I'm going lighter on a jacket, just more layers. I know wind is an issue, but 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit isn't cold. Of course, living a few blocks from Lake Michigan in NE Wisconsin, my view of cold is different than those living in a warmer climate.

Excellent review, thoroughly enjoyed it. I did a TA plus Baltic on the Regal in 2016, fabulous cruise. I leave in a week, too for a SA cruise on the Emerald Princess, can't wait! :) I'm going lighter on a jacket, just more layers. I know wind is an issue, but 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit isn't cold. Of course, living a few blocks from Lake Michigan in NE Wisconsin, my view of cold is different than those living in a warmer climate.
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed reading the review. I'm really looking forward to cruising on Emerald Princess as I have not been to South America before. I am also planning on layers but am also bringing a warm jacket as 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit is cold for someone coming from Sydney. [emoji4] Hope you have a great cruise and we might meet up on board!

• 1 month later...
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed reading the review. I'm really looking forward to cruising on Emerald Princess as I have not been to South America before. I am also planning on layers but am also bringing a warm jacket as 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit is cold for someone coming from Sydney. [emoji4] Hope you have a great cruise and we might meet up on board!

Just wondering if you’ve posted about your South America cruise. Looking at doing it next year[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just wondering if you’ve posted about your South America cruise. Looking at doing it next year[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am currently in Machu Picchu (and it is wonderful!) and the cruise was great. I will post my review when I return home in a couple of weeks.

Thankyou for a wonderful post. I was actually on the same cruise and your photos mirror mine. I loved the cruise, boat and all the destinations. Anyone wanting to cruise this itinerary, I urge you to book. We also shared a taxi to Brugge. Best way to do it. Rony's Taxis. In St Petersburg we used Alla Tours and I cannot speak highly enough of them. Happy future travels

Thankyou for a wonderful post. I was actually on the same cruise and your photos mirror mine. I loved the cruise, boat and all the destinations. Anyone wanting to cruise this itinerary, I urge you to book. We also shared a taxi to Brugge. Best way to do it. Rony's Taxis. In St Petersburg we used Alla Tours and I cannot speak highly enough of them. Happy future travels
Thanks! I'm glad that you enjoyed your cruise as much as I did and it is a wonderful cruise itinerary.

• 1 year later...

I have just completed my latest Photo Review of my cruise on Sapphire Princess to Norway  - Land of the Midnight Sun in June 2019. When I updated my signature I discovered that I can only have 3 URL addresses in my signature meaning that the link to this review had to be removed. I have decided to help anyone who may be interested in reading other of my reviews by putting links to my other reviews at the end of each of my reviews so that they can find them. Thanks. 

Edited by PurpleTraveller

Loved your review. We did a Baltic cruise on a different cruise line last year and I thoroughly enjoyed reliving our trip through your review. We'll be on the Crown in December, but in the Caribbean.... Thank you for all the effort you put into your review. Your pictures are extraordinary!

21 minutes ago, halfapair said:

Loved your review. We did a Baltic cruise on a different cruise line last year and I thoroughly enjoyed reliving our trip through your review. We'll be on the Crown in December, but in the Caribbean.... Thank you for all the effort you put into your review. Your pictures are extraordinary!

Thank you so much! I'm pleased that you were able to relive your own cruise. This was one of our favourite itineraries. Hope you have a wonderful cruise on Crown Princess. We really enjoyed our cruise on her. 😊

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

I know i’m Late to the party (2 years) but just read your Baltic review.  I love your writing style and of course the pictures.  I am going to find your South American  one and read next.  

Thanks and thank you for reading. Hope you enjoy the South America review. 😊