AARP gift cards and ?

G&TQ

Last week I ordered my first cards. Let me tell you how satisfying it was to apply them to my account. Now on to earning points. Does anyone know if you keep doing the same quizzes do you get points or do they have to be different quizzes?

I think you probably need to take different quizzes. But that shouldn't be a problem, there are lots to choose from. If you don't pass the first try, it's easy to pass the second try because they gave you all of the answers the first time.

As I have stated in other threads, if you have other things you could be doing, you don't have to waste your time doing those quizzes and reading things and taking surveys. I've never done one. Just sign up with a new email when they become available and get them with the sign up points.

A big downside to AARP's rewards system is that they only give us 150 points for each promo code in their email. Compare that to Allstate who gives 1,000 points per promo code. But the catch there is, they don't send out as many codes as AARP.

If you're a Verizon customer, they have a rewards program that offers Carnival cards too. You do have to be a Verizon customer.

Allstate also has one and you do not need to be a customer, but it's a little more complicated if you aren't. Non-customers have to create a rewards account through the Drivewise smartphone app. You get 3K or 5K points for signing up (I forget which), you can watch six tutorial videos for 1,000 pts. each, they send email promo codes worth 1,000 pts. each, and you can use the Drivewise app to earn a lot more. If you let the app trac your driving, you'll first get an initial 10,000 pts. after 2-3 days of driving without exceeding 80mph or hard braking. After that, if you continue to allow it to track you, you'll accrue more points. If you do choose to do the Allstate rewards, like I said, you'll have to first create the account through the Drivewise app. You can do most everything through that app, but if you'd rather log on online, this is the only link I've found that works for non-customers: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

If you choose one of the quizzes, look on the left of the quiz (your left) and you will see a medal icon that tells you how many, if at all, points you get for completing one.

I just paid off a cruise with egift cards I got through Allstate. I was a little nervous since it kept wanting shipping information and concerned they would be shipped. However one paid for a email was received with receipt and link to download the egift card data. I donloaded it into a spreadsheet and saved it. Then went to My Cruises and clicked where it said make payment. I was able to copy and paste the ecards code into the form and when complete it gives a chance to add more gift cards. I had no issues and then made note on spreadsheet which ecard had a remaining balance and how much. Paid receipt from Carnival then became available to print. I'll be buying more for gratuities and to load onto onboard account. You just have to print out spreadsheets with codes and can then add them to onboard account at a kiosk when you board.

Cherie