Cove Balcony on Breeze

angiem0217

I am looking at room types for our upcoming cruise on the Breeze. I booked an inside cabin on deck 8. I am looking at changing to a cove balcony on deck 2. The price difference is $200. I have done the regular balconies but never a cove. Tell me what you like and didn't like about the cove. Should I change rooms or keep what I have booked?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Personally I would go with the cove but many would say use the $200 for something else. I like the coves, having the ability to go out on the balcony from my room and see the ocean, and I prefer at the least a window.

We are balcony snobs so we must have one. So we would pay the difference.

What we did notice about the cove is that is it more private. It's more a giant picture window and easy to put your feet up because you have a metal ledge and not plexiglass. It's also lovely to be so close to the water - though we had no issues with it being wet other than more spray and a towel solved that. What we didn't like about the cove was most are partially obstructed from above by lifeboats. We had one blocking about 1/4 of the night sky. We also did not like the noise level in the cabin - which had nothing to do with rooms or people but rather the ocean. The rougher the seas the more you are going to hear as the impact from the waves roars through the metal. I don't mind the sound but DH said he didn't sleep as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked a cove twice and LOVED it. I like walking out there and being so close to the water. It's more private than the other balconies to us. It doesn't get as much sun so you can spend more time out there. We usually only spend time out there in the morning and in the evening anyway.

I would pay the upgrade if it was me. :)

My wife tends to get seasick so if we're going on a ship with a cove we're all over it. Typically with a ship without coves we get an outside cabin on Deck 1 or 2 and amidships as much as possible and she is fine there. I do enjoy balconies so we get the cove if the ship has them as they are on Deck 2. Be aware what your cabin is under...the galley is over a good portion of the coves and reportedly gets noisy. We try to get a cabin either under the Shore Excursion Desk or Guest Services (a bit too far forward for my wife) or under the MDR (prime spot for us). We don't care if we're under a lifeboat as they provide shade but there are a few cabins available with a large space between the boats that will give you a clear view up and provide lots of sun.

Bottom line...I would for sure trade up from an inside to a cove.

I personally like coves and think they are a great value for your vacation dollar. (MagicX2, BreezeX1)

Low on the ship you feel less movement so the ride is smooth. Some report salt or sea spray but I haven't had issues with either.

There is less sun because of the lift boat overhang or less night sky if that is your preference. The trade off is you are so close to the water.

The most important thing about coves is location. If you book a stateroom under the galley you might have noise. Some areas are very noisy others are not so bad. Be sure to do you due diligence before picking a room. FYI 2404 and 2408 are awful.

The one I am looking at seems to be under the guest services area. I have a 10 year old and we normally do insides because in the past when he was younger I worried about him with a balcony. But now that he is older I am thinking it would be nice to be able to sit out in the balcony. We had a regular balcony in the dream 2 years ago and it was nice. Just didn't know if being that close to the water would be a good thing or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The one I am looking at seems to be under the guest services area. I have a 10 year old and we normally do insides because in the past when he was younger I worried about him with a balcony. But now that he is older I am thinking it would be nice to be able to sit out in the balcony. We had a regular balcony in the dream 2 years ago and it was nice. Just didn't know if being that close to the water would be a good thing or not.

I get being nervous about a child in the cabin. I can't remember if the doors have a latch high enough for the little ones to be able to open the door. When our kids were young and we had a pool at our house I installed a lock at the very top of the patio door. I still watched them like a hawk as they were smart enough to figure out a chair would defeat that.

I loved the cove balcony - and I deliberately booked one with a lifeboat over part of it so I had more shade during the day.

When we got into our cove in Galveston, we looked down and saw a pod of dolphins playing RIGHT THERE. During the cruise, we often saw flying fish - again, so close it almost seemed like I could touch them. I loved being closer to the water. It is perfectly safe for a child. There are small holes in the bottom of the structure to let water out, but they aren't big enough for a 10-year-old to slide through!

On the second deck, you are far from everything, if that is a concern.

I would book a cove balcony again in a heartbeat.

Coves are amazing!! The balcony feels so cozy, and it's incredible to be that close to the water. We're booked for our third time in stateroom 2276, because it's such a great location. Close to both the forward and midship lifts, not under anyplace noisy, and no lifeboat overhead. Can't wait to be back in it!

Generally, aren't cove balconies cheaper than regular balcony rooms? I know when I look at booking on the breeze, the cove balcony rooms are the cheapest. I guess there are different fare levels.

We booked a cove last October and we loved it. We have another cove in December.

We also had 2276 on the Breeze back in 2016. We liked it, it is between the lifeboats so not as dark but still private. The only complaint and not really a complaint would be the wet deck, and when it dried during the day it left a layer of salt. We just placed a beach towel on the floor inside the door to wipe our feet on when we came in. Loved being so close to the water/

I have had a cove on a couple of cruises and have another one booked for a Nov. cruise. My only problem with a cove is in the summer they do get hot because they are a bit closed in and very little air flow. I had one under the galley which was a big mistake. Sounded like they were bowling above us. I did one in Feb. and it was great. Just be a little leary in the summer months. Happy Sailing.

Coves are amazing!! The balcony feels so cozy, and it's incredible to be that close to the water. We're booked for our third time in stateroom 2276, because it's such a great location. Close to both the forward and midship lifts, not under anyplace noisy, and no lifeboat overhead. Can't wait to be back in it!

Hey there! My wife and I are book on the Breeze in stateroom 2276. Never been in a Cove Balcony but very much looking forward to it. Can you tell me about the electrical outlets in this room? How many, type and location?

Hey there! My wife and I are book on the Breeze in stateroom 2276. Never been in a Cove Balcony but very much looking forward to it. Can you tell me about the electrical outlets in this room? How many, type and location?

It has been a while, but if my memory serves me... there was ONE outlet by the dressing mirror. We bring a 3 outlet rotating travel plug with 2 usb ports in it.