Coral Princess veranda category question

CruisinGrandpa

We are booked on a Cat BE veranda on Emerald on the Coral Princess for the Canal

cruise in January, 2019. We are not familiar with the differences in the verandas on this

class of ship and could use some advice.

For example: We like the standard veranda cabins on Caribe deck on the Grand

Class ships (deeper balcony and partially covered).

Seems like few of these aft cabins (we generally prefer cabins in the aft section) have

been booked and now I am nervous. Did we goof? Would we be better off with

something higher up in the same category?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

We are booked on a Cat BE veranda on Emerald on the Coral Princess for the Canal

cruise in January, 2019. We are not familiar with the differences in the verandas on this

class of ship and could use some advice.

For example: We like the standard veranda cabins on Caribe deck on the Grand

Class ships (deeper balcony and partially covered).

Seems like few of these aft cabins (we generally prefer cabins in the aft section) have

been booked and now I am nervous. Did we goof? Would we be better off with

something higher up in the same category?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Someone gave me this website to help us, as Coral and Island balconies are different.

Hope it helps.

Patti

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Appears you are booked in one of the 600/700 series cabins on deck 8. The interiors of all balcony cabins are the same. The balconies for these cabins are approximately 9'x7' and covered. Some of these cabins are above the Universe Lounge and you may hear some noise when activities are taking place. No activities late night.

We like sailing in the aft portion of the ship as well but there was a C317 was available on a cruise a couple of years ago ... and it looked as though it was the best cabin choice within that category that was available. It was an excellent cabin with a nice large balcony and not at all obstructed in terms of view. The cabin right next to it was hundreds more. That made no sense to me as I don't believe it was really any better than ours.

I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat, even though we usually prefer the aft.

Someone gave me this website to help us, as Coral and Island balconies are different.

Hope it helps.

Patti

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Thanks - I will look at the link - haven't been on the Island (new one) but have been on

the Pacific, now to see if we can remember what those balconies looked like :)

Appears you are booked in one of the 600/700 series cabins on deck 8. The interiors of all balcony cabins are the same. The balconies for these cabins are approximately 9'x7' and covered. Some of these cabins are above the Universe Lounge and you may hear some noise when activities are taking place. No activities late night.

Thanks - that is correct: E624 - last room on the Port side before the life

boats. That is forward of the stairs, so more likely over the Bayou Café.

We had hoped that the balconies were as large as depicted on the schematic

Appreciate the info

My husband and I sailed Coral this year to Alaska. We were on Emerald deck in cabon E737, this is the last cabin aft. the views are amazing, you can see out the side and the back. And BEST... you can walk out your door and two steps out the back door to the aft deck.

Very few people go out on back deck. We felt like we had the best cabin on ship.

Thanks - that is correct: E624 - last room on the Port side before the life

boats. That is forward of the stairs, so more likely over the Bayou Café.

We had hoped that the balconies were as large as depicted on the schematic

Appreciate the info

We have this cabin booked for Alaska next year, in part due to a review and photos posted here (Post #3): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2501453&highlight=Coral+Princess+E624

Hope that helps!