Different Pricing for Chef's Table

Greetings -

I just came back from cruising on Carnival Dream (Western Caribbean) in June 2017 and we experienced the Chef's Table. It was amazing and we decided to experience the Chef's Table on each of the different series of boats that we go on.

Chef's Table on Carnival Dream was $95. We are book on Carnival Splendor (Mexican Rivera) in February 2018 and signed up for Chef's Table but the price is only $75.

Does anyone know why there is a price difference? Both are 7 day cruises. Just curious why it's cheaper. Thanks.

I remember reading some time ago that ships that have adopted the menu introduced on the Vista charge the higher price, and ships still using the "old" menu charge the lesser price.

I don't know if this is the case. Hope someone else knows for sure.

I would be very disappointed in any company that raises their prices 27% in one fell swoop but my guess is demand is exceeding supply giving Carnival the power to charge what it wants.

As for the 2 different prices, my guess is they are testing the waters on the Dream to find out what passengers tolerance is for higher price .

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with cost to change the menu

I'm trying to convince our group of 10 to try the Chef's Table. $75 is a bit much for some of them. If the price has gone to $95, none of us will go. Pity. I've done it once and enjoyed it.

I could do with out the tours (seen it once, no need to see again). I've also gone on the Behind the Fun Tour.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Chef's Table menu is the same on each ship?!?! We had no problem paying the $95 after experiencing it because it was amazing...but for the price, they can at least mix it up per boat or location. Mexican Riviera can have Mexican theme, Caribbean boat can have Caribbean theme, etc.

This is very disappointing if they don't change the menu. I may cancel my reservation. I just had the menu last month and want to experience something new. :(

Basically yes, the same menu, though different chefs may have different interpretations.

The new Vista menu was to have been introduced first on the Dream class. I haven't followed which ships were going to do it next or which additional ones have it now.

From CARNIVALS FAQ:

The cover charge is $75 USD per person ($95 USD per person on Carnival Breeeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic and Carnival Vista). An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the cover charge and applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account. The cover charge does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. Please note: For reservations made prior to the price increase to $95 USD, the original price will be honored.

We did the Chef's Table on the Vista in January, and just did the Chef's Table on the Splendor last week at $75, and the menus were different. The Vista CT was in the galley, and had more molecular courses. The Splendor CT was in a room adjacent to the dining room, and had more traditional courses.

Those ships have the Chef's Table in the Galley. No idea what is extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They may expect that people would rather watch the galley, other than savor a gourmet in a Dining Room. NOT!!!:cool:

Been there, done that...........Never did hear what the entree or other offering was that was served? We have done CT on other cruises, trust me, having to shout, or yell to get the waiter's attention is not what we expected. The ships that have the CT in the Galley need to convert to at least a semi-private dining room, not in the galley.

I am going to contact carnival to confirm if the menu is the same. If so, I will cancel my reservation and probably just go to the steakhouse...

Hi

The menu isn't changed very often. If that is critical in your decision, the steakhouse is a nice option.

have a great cruise

We did the Chef's Table on the Vista in January, and just did the Chef's Table on the Splendor last week at $75, and the menus were different. The Vista CT was in the galley, and had more molecular courses. The Splendor CT was in a room adjacent to the dining room, and had more traditional courses.

Did the CT menu on the Vista look like the menu on this thread?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2351759

This is the same menu we had on the Dream in June. Thanks!

I don't know if it changes anything but I am looking at my 7 day cruise at Christmas time and its $95 plus grat per person - I booked it for my daughter and husband already

Now when I go and look at my 3 day I have booked for Labor day weekend the price is only $75

So I wonder if they change it slightly based on the length of the cruise or something like that

I don't know if it changes anything but I am looking at my 7 day cruise at Christmas time and its $95 plus grat per person - I booked it for my daughter and husband already

Now when I go and look at my 3 day I have booked for Labor day weekend the price is only $75

So I wonder if they change it slightly based on the length of the cruise or something like that

Is it the same boat? I do not think the length of the cruise would matter. The experience is still the same. Four + hours of fun and eating.

We booked it for our 8-day partial transit in April next year on Miracle and it's $75.00. Our first one so we don't have to worry about menu - It will all be good. :)

Is it the same boat? I do not think the length of the cruise would matter. The experience is still the same. Four + hours of fun and eating.

No different boats - Maybe has something to do with what boat it is

The more expensive one is Magic and the cheaper is Liberty