ms Amsterdam & ms Volendam in Juneau Jul 7, 2017

Scrapnana

When I was on the Amsterdam in December, my room was right up front. I think I remember that the first lifeboat/fast rescue only holds 90 instead of the usual 150. I didn't get to see them drop her only bring her back up when they were done with their exercises.

This morning after arrival, Amsterdam's SECO asked his staff captain; "OK to start with shore leave?" With all her port side boats in the water, it sounds like she had a "general emergency/abandon ship" drill for her crew but later this morning. Crew leave is usually not given until after the drill has been successfully completed, when that drill is relative quick upon arrival, i.e. 0930

Amsterdam looks very pretty as she leaves.

de45048d4c020cf3ee9b6564c5ee0061.jpg

Love your updates and so fun to see the pics! Would absolutely love it if anyone gets a chance to post screenshots in 4 weeks ( August 4th) as it will be our long awaited turn and would be so fun to see 😀

Love your updates and so fun to see the pics! Would absolutely love it if anyone gets a chance to post screenshots in 4 weeks ( August 4th) as it will be our long awaited turn and would be so fun to see 😀

Will you be on the Amsterdam or Volendam?

I have written myself a note to take screenshots on the 4th. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you Scrapnana! You are the best 💕If it doesn't happen , no big deal , and if you get a chance , that is awesome 😀

Ha e a great rest of the weekend!