Reservations for large party?

sharona211

There are 30 of us going on the Dawn to Bermuda next month. While everyone will be doing their own thing and going to dinner in small groups for the majority of the cruise, we did want to get everyone together for dinner for the 2nd night and a smaller large group of 12 for dinner in one of the specialty restaurants on the last night for my mom's birthday. I noticed the website is limited to reservations for parties of 8 or less. Do I just call them to request larger groups? Can I do that in advance or do I need to wait to discuss with the maitre d' once we are on ship?

Sorry, new to NCL so not sure how the whole freestyle thing is going to work with so many of us.

Reservation bookings in Specialty restaurants is limited on the internet to parties of 8.

Solution book the party of 8 and then a party of 4 or 2 parties of 6 or 3 parties of 4.

Having done that when you get on board go to the Dining Reservations desk and

explain what you are trying to do. OR another way go to that Specialty Restaurant

and talk to the host or hostess about your plans as much in advance as possible

for NCL to set up the arrangements - They also will be interested in helping pull off

the Birthday Party for Mom.

If you want to celebrate with all 30 call ahead for whatever needs to be done -

depending on the restaurant and its size to arrange the tables. The sooner you

communicate with NCL the easier it is to make this work.

The main thing NOW is book the reservations and worry about the musical chairs

and tables later. Can't get the times you want be flexible. Have trouble booking for

2 parties one 8 and the other 4 - have the occupants of another cabin help you

with booking on their account. Call on the NCL line for HELP if necessary.

Cavet for others following this - Booking a party of -7- cannot be done on the internet

you have to book for 8 and take a credit back or book for a party of 4 and another for 3.

It is NCL their 'puters are still in the age of the abacus format 7 doesn't compute !

NCL general info phone line 1-866-234-7350 - wait to connect to a human and get

forwarded to the area where your requests will be answered.

LIKE Mexican food don't miss Los Lobos deck 11 port side aft !

Call before sailing and try to get it worked out. A party of 30 is not something you can likely pull off once you board. The 12 top will be easier but you should do it before boarding unles you want to eat as soon as they open or right before they close.

There are 30 of us going on the Dawn to Bermuda next month. While everyone will be doing their own thing and going to dinner in small groups for the majority of the cruise, we did want to get everyone together for dinner for the 2nd night and a smaller large group of 12 for dinner in one of the specialty restaurants on the last night for my mom's birthday. I noticed the website is limited to reservations for parties of 8 or less. Do I just call them to request larger groups? Can I do that in advance or do I need to wait to discuss with the maitre d' once we are on ship? Sorry, new to NCL so not sure how the whole freestyle thing is going to work with so many of us.

Dining reservations opened 100 days prior to cruise and many restaurants will sell out by now. You can call the reservations number and see if they can help now. If not, it needs to be your first task once you embark.

I had a similar situation for the Spirit. We had my husbands retirement dinner at Cagneys for 20.

I emailed NCL at: specialeventsdawn@ncl.com (except I used Spirit not Dawn) soon as we were 60 days out and they gave me the needed reservation.

It took 1 day and I got a response back from them. I also included all of my friends confirmation numbers and names.

Hope you get them!

Jan

I had a similar situation for the Spirit. We had my husbands retirement dinner at Cagneys for 20.

I emailed NCL at: specialeventsdawn@ncl.com (except I used Spirit not Dawn) soon as we were 60 days out and they gave me the needed reservation.

It took 1 day and I got a response back from them. I also included all of my friends confirmation numbers and names.

Hope you get them!

Jan

Great tip! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you get them!

Jan

Just wanted to follow up and thank you for your response on this. I emailed the special events person and they were able to accommodate both of our requests for the dates and times we wanted!