Cuba cruises

Kwenz

i have to confess that it's been a while since I visited the Celebrity website. Totally changed! I am trying to find any cruises they are doing to Cuba but not having any luck. Can anyone tell me if there are cruises scheduled? I feel quite ignorant at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Kathy

The current offerings to Cuba from US departure ports are on Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian, Holland America, Azamara, Oceania and Regent.

To my knowledge Celebrity will not be offering Cuba anytime soon. RCI seem to be covering the market through RCCL/Azamara brands instead.

The smallest of the Celebrity ships -- the Millennium class ships -- are too large for Cuba's ports.

While the cruise port docks may be too small to accommodate Celebrity ships, the actual Port of Havana is certainly large enough to hold the ships and have passengers tender ashore. I suspect there're other reasons for Celebrity not adding Cuba to its destinations.

I'm going back to Cuba 12/22 for a one week cruise to three Cuban ports and an overnight in Havana. I did it last year and it was awesome. My husband and I are going in a group arranged by my friend. The ship is old but really good and clean. Safe too as you don't want to eat the food or drink the water in Cuba. Ship program is authorized and meets new requirements for Americans. You can email me at patjohndel@aol.com. I believe there are a few cabins available. I'll double check with my friend and will respond back to your email.

I just booked today with RCCL on the Empress of the Seas a cruise that includes Havana for this January.

I kind of wish it did a over night in Havana but this best I could get with the time frames I have.