Barcelona taxi

Washcruise

I have been quoted £33 per per person (8 of us travelling) for the following transportation.

Airport to port

Port to Hotel Barcelona (city centre)

Hotel Barcelona to airport.

No idea of distances or if this is good value?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Is your hotel called "universal" on parallel?

A taxi for 4 to the port would be between 30 and 40 Euros. (Fixed fare in reverse direction is €39)

If that is the hotel, it would be approx €15 -20 (short distance but think they operate a charge for taxis going into the port + €1 per bag in the trunk.

Back to the airport would be about €30 to 40

So taking into account you'll be much better off DIY and less tied into an organisation you'll need to hunt out. Taxis are plentiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you exit the airport after baggage claim there is a taxi stand. Walk to the taxi stand and hand the driver a print out of the name and address of your hotel. Since there are 8 of you, you will need 2 taxis, so bring 2 print outs to hand to each driver. This will easily bridge the language gap as most taxi drivers only speak Spanish. After that it is a swift and inexpensive drive to Barcelona of about 20 minutes and the costs are around $30 per taxi.

Carrer del Dr. Trueta, 164, 08005 Barcelona, Spain this is the address its Hotel 4 Barcelona

Is your hotel called "universal" on parallel?

A taxi for 4 to the port would be between 30 and 40 Euros. (Fixed fare in reverse direction is €39)

If that is the hotel, it would be approx €15 -20 (short distance but think they operate a charge for taxis going into the port + €1 per bag in the trunk.

Back to the airport would be about €30 to 40

So taking into account you'll be much better off DIY and less tied into an organisation you'll need to hunt out. Taxis are plentiful.

When you exit the airport after baggage claim there is a taxi stand. Walk to the taxi stand and hand the driver a print out of the name and address of your hotel. Since there are 8 of you, you will need 2 taxis, so bring 2 print outs to hand to each driver. This will easily bridge the language gap as most taxi drivers only speak Spanish. After that it is a swift and inexpensive drive to Barcelona of about 20 minutes and the costs are around $30 per taxi.

Is this a similar distance to the port ?

We fly in on the Friday then cruise same day, return on the Friday and we have one overnight stay at Hotel 4 Barcelona, then fly back to UK on the Saturday.

google taxi rates in Barcelona and put in your locations... to get rates and distances... very easy.

Unless you want the luxury of a private transfer, the regular taxi would be a good deal.

We are staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar... which is at the opposite end of Barcelona from the airport... figure taxi is about 40 euro... from there to the port roughly 20 euros... to the city center from hotel 20 euro or so.

You can check your hotel site on the web also, they often list taxi rates.

we have been to Barcelona many times, very easy city to get around in, enjoy our trip

Be careful in Barcelona in taxis. They are not regulated and are all private operators. There is no central dispatch or office. We had a small hand luggage not removed from the taxi -- the one with all medications and electronic devices -- when we had to change taxis at our hotel for a larger one before going to the port. We had no recourse with the taxi since there is no "taxi company ". We had a terrible time resolving this. We were afraid we would be denied boarding because of missing medication.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been quoted £33 per per person (8 of us travelling) for the following transportation.

Airport to port

Looks like you will be better off getting your own ride than on a per person rate.

Airport to port

IMO per person is high. In all of our taxi transfers it was a single charge for both of us, usually around 39 Euro total, including the luggage charge.

Is your charge for a van to hold all of you plus all the luggage? You might be better getting two, or even three, taxis.

Airport to port

When my wife and I went we took the aerobus to and from the Airport and used the metro system in town. We didn't spend much per person and found it very convenient. We did elect to take a taxi back to the hotel after the cruise as the metro was challenging with baggage. It was still pretty inexpensive though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

When we arrived at the Barcelona port last July at the end of our Celebrity cruise the lines for taxis was incredibly long. We had arranged with our hotel for a car to pick us up and all went smoothly. The driver mentioned that the lines for taxis vary quite a bit and can be over an hour wait on days when many ships disembark simultaneously. Just wanted to offer a head's up on this in case that influences your decision