I am not a stupid person.....but Help!!

Mitch2016

I am trying to upload pictures to my review....I want you guys to see my pictures, they're awesome! I tried several over on test forum. It just shows an attachment, not the picture. I have tried resizing, tried sending via URL link.....just shows an attachment that you click on and not the picture. I'm so frustrated.....waaaah:loudcry:

What are you using to host your photos? I use flickr. I think that other photo hosting site might be similar. If so you use BBCode (Medium is a good size for viewing in the forums)

35668137711_6ef732ce0c.jpgUntitled by Amy S, on Flickr

My cruise critic on the right side under the ads as part of the posting rules does show BB Code is ON & code is on & HTML code is OFF

Not that I know what any of those means... (BBCode in Flickr works for me, so I have not tried to figure out the others.)

What are you using to host your photos? I use flickr. I think that other photo hosting site might be similar. If so you use BBCode (Medium is a good size for viewing in the forums)

35668137711_6ef732ce0c.jpgUntitled by Amy S, on Flickr

My cruise critic on the right side under the ads as part of the posting rules does show BB Code is ON & code is on & HTML code is OFF

Not that I know what any of those means... (BBCode in Flickr works for me, so I have not tried to figure out the others.)

When I try to add the URL, it tells me it is an invalid file. I'm really stumped....

You need to have your photos on an online site such as Shutterfly or Flikr. I use Google photos and that seems to work well. (I am still using the old Google Picasa program so it is easy to upload my photos from there.)

Once you get your photos uploaded then here is what to do...

1. Open the photo in whatever online site you are using
  2. Right click on the photo
  3. Choose "Copy image address"
  4. Come back to your post and make sure your cursor is located in your message where you would like to place the photo
  5. Click on the photo icon in the tool bar above (the one with the little mountain)
  6. A box will open where you can paste the URL of your photo
  7. Click "OK"
  8. Done!

You need to have your photos on an online site such as Shutterfly or Flikr. I use Google photos and that seems to work well. (I am still using the old Google Picasa program so it is easy to upload my photos from there.)

Once you get your photos uploaded then here is what to do...

1. Open the photo in whatever online site you are using
  2. Right click on the photo
  3. Choose "Copy image address"
  4. Come back to your post and make sure your cursor is located in your message where you would like to place the photo
  5. Click on the photo icon in the tool bar above (the one with the little mountain)
  6. A box will open where you can paste the URL of your photo
  7. Click "OK"
  8. Done!

I know we haven't met or communicated before.....but I think I love you! Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me! Now....I do feel stupid!

I was using Photobucket but they changed and would not allow what they call "Third party hosting". I have had no trouble with Shutterfly. Set the picture to take the screen then copy/paste.

Since I saw an Oriole picture in this thread here is another from Baltimore.

enhance

I know we haven't met or communicated before.....but I think I love you! Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me! Now....I do feel stupid!

Haha!! You can pay me back with lots of pretty photos to look at! If your first photo is any indication then I am really going to enjoy!! :):):)

Haha!! You can pay me back with lots of pretty photos to look at! If your first photo is any indication then I am really going to enjoy!! :):):)

Okay....it's hit and miss. Just experimenting over in test, and half the time it works, half the time same image it shows a broken file emblem. enhance

Okay....it's hit and miss. Just experimenting over in test, and half the time it works, half the time same image it shows a broken file emblem. enhance
Your first successful try was beautiful. Are you doing the same thing each time? Are you posting to a host site? I use SmugMug to host my photos. I just ran a test to see if I could post a photo from Google Photos rather than Smug Mug, but I'm getting the same broken file emblem you are, unfortunately. Frustrating, because that sure would make it simpler (and cheaper).

AF1QipNpRcTQze1QYOa8Z3X880CDkCzt9Xa1XWZ6oAiZ

Your first successful try was beautiful. Are you doing the same thing each time? Are you posting to a host site? I use SmugMug to host my photos. I just ran a test to see if I could post a photo from Google Photos rather than Smug Mug, but I'm getting the same broken file emblem you are, unfortunately. Frustrating, because that sure would make it simpler (and cheaper).

AF1QipNpRcTQze1QYOa8Z3X880CDkCzt9Xa1XWZ6oAiZ

I'm using Shutterfly.....first photo from the Blue Ridge was from same site. I'm so confused.....

Gorgeous! I'm glad you persisted.

Thank you.....this was taken when we went to Asheville, NC for a week October 2015. We timed it pretty close to peak and the leaves were changing. A beautiful place, the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains.....seriously thinking of relocating there when we retire and getting away from the extremes here in Iowa when it comes to winter and summer! Tomorrow it is to be 94 and extremely humid! Yuck!

I have it figured out now and have been adding pictures to my review. Right now just posting some of my pictures from our weekend pre-cruise in Vancouver. That alone may take me awhile....just an absolutely beautiful place!