Is it possible to pay for cruise fare with Debit? Any issues?

ashpam

Maybe your friend should just get a CC? Lots of great points cards out there. Cards like SW and Delta will give you enough points for round trip air at the start after you pay for a vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe your friend should just get a CC? Lots of great points cards out there. Cards like SW and Delta will give you enough points for round trip air at the start after you pay for a vacation. ...

I have a relative that is against credit cards. Tried to get him to do the Delta card last. This is one where paying the fee might make sense. (Many cards are fee free).

Last year he bought 4 RT tickets on Delta.

Paid over $150 in baggage fees.

If he go the card, he would have miles for at least one of the those trips. $400 or so.

And, he would not have paid baggage charges.

He prefers to not pay the $95 fee.

Help me figure this one out.

The Delta gold card gives you and everyone in your travel group the free

Bag for each. That saves you $50 Pp. Also when you sign up you get the $99 fee waved for year 1. You can always drop it later. We just keep this card for the bag

There is lots of points cards with no fees. PNC bank has a great Points Visa.

I can see why some people don't want CC's because they rape you if you don't pay them each month. The key is paying them off each month.

For cruisers and overseas travel I would never use a debit card because of risks of hacks and holds on your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Delta gold card gives you and everyone in your travel group the free

Bag for each. That saves you $50 Pp. Also when you sign up you get the $99 fee waved for year 1. You can always drop it later. We just keep this card for the bag

There is lots of points cards with no fees. PNC bank has a great Points Visa.

I can see why some people don't want CC's because they rape you if you don't pay them each month. The key is paying them off each month.

For cruisers and overseas travel I would never use a debit card because of risks of hacks and holds on your money.

Does the Delta Gold Card also have no foreign transaction fees? If so, it is very well worth it. I know that the Delta AMEX Reserve card that I have does have no foreign transaction fees. Not sure if all of the Delta cards do though.

Also NOTE: Most US credit cards DO have a PIN and Chip option. Get it! It will cost you nothing. It comes in very handy in Europe and many other countries other than the US.

Wow didn't expect so many helpful responses! Thank you everyone!

The debit card is just for the cruise fare at this moment.

Onboard spending will be decided for them closer to sailing.

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk