Differentiate between Garden Villa/Haven/Suite

tennisfanusa

Hi everyone - last time I sailed I was in an aft penthouse suite on the Spirit in 2011. There was no Haven and everyone at the suite level got the same perks (I believe).

However, reading through here it seems things have changed a bit. My husband and I (recently married) are planning a family trip in about a year and want to book the Garden Villa (on the Gem) for us and a few others.

What exactly does that include, other than butler and concierge service? Do we get extra liquor? Bottled water? Dry cleaning? Limo service to the airport?

I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. Thanks for any help!

There are haven suites on the Gem (Jewel Class), but not the same as the new bigger ships. There is also the Garden Villa which is a 3 BR suite. It has just a bit more. Other than being in the highest end suite on the ship, about the only other thing is a few bottles of booze and water/mixers.

How many people are sailing with you?

There are haven suites on the Gem (Jewel Class), but not the same as the new bigger ships. There is also the Garden Villa which is a 3 BR suite. It has just a bit more. Other than being in the highest end suite on the ship, about the only other thing is a few bottles of booze and water/mixers.

How many people are sailing with you?

There are 7 people going. We were just going to get a Haven room for ourselves but then realized our guests wouldn't enjoy the amenities so that's why we are exploring the Garden Villa. We will have the UBP so the bottles of liquor are no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See post 8 from attached discussion for the Garden Villa Differentiators from normal suites.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2520747

Thank you for attaching that. Very informative and good to know. If I'm going to spend this much money I want to make sure I know exactly what I'm paying for.

There are 7 people going. We were just going to get a Haven room for ourselves but then realized our guests wouldn't enjoy the amenities so that's why we are exploring the Garden Villa. We will have the UBP so the bottles of liquor are no big deal.

only 2 guests will have the beverage package. The 3 bedroom villas on the Jewel and Dawn class receive 6 bottles of liquor, plus bottled water and soda.

With the ongoing promotions only the first two people listed in the Garden Villa get the UBP, and only if chosen and the gratuity paid. The other five in your party would have to purchase the UBP or individual drinks at full cost, which are now quite pricey. So the six free bottles can frequently be a factor.

Garden Villa guests definitely get better service and more attention. That being said, I would explore all the options. The Gem has Haven and non-Haven suites. Non-Haven suites get all same perks as Haven suites but no access to the Haven. If you don't care about the private Haven area, book separate suites depending on how your group can be divided. 3 aft penthouses with 2 people each and all 6 getting all the perks would be cheaper than the Garden Villa where only the first 2 people get the perks.