Teppanyaki OK for gluten free?

KarmaElectra

She's pretty sensitive. (She won't die, but she will suffer if she eats it.) If we let the maitre d' and chef know at the beginning, could they prepare her food in a little corner of the grill, or is everything usually mashed together?

I have read, that they are able to prepare a gluten free meal in the kitchen and bring it out, rather than preparing it on the same grill. Hopefully someone will chime in with first hand experience.

When we went on the Breakway they asked at beginning if there were food allergies etc. They cooked my friend's meal separately in the kitchen and served in sync as the courses were prepared for others on the grill. She said the food tasted excellent and she felt it was worth the $

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the POA a few weeks ago, the chef prepared the two GF meals first, and he used GF soy sauce. Food was delicious, and the GF eaters did not get sick. The GF eaters got the egg drop and corn soup from East Meets West instead of the miso soup and the seaweed salad. Also, the GF dessert was the coconut tapioca pudding from East Meets West instead of the green tea cake. The GF eaters got GF soy sauce for dipping. The onion and creamy mustard dipping sauces were not GF. We were concerned about trying it, but in retrospect, we didn't need to be concerned at all.

The gluten she is likely to encounter at this restaurant is from the soy sauce, which is made from fermented wheat. As long as her food is cooked first the risk of contamination is almost non-existent. The proteins and rice are of course gluten free.

We ate here and my Mom has a food allergy as well. Like others have said, they will bring from the kitchen her order and everyone else eats from the public grill. My advice is to pre-order her meal either the morning of or the day before. Sometimes they need the extra time to prepare, at least they always do with my Mom's salt allergy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No need to preorder, they ask at the beginning and they are very good about it. My DH is highly allergic to calamari and they prepared his in the kitchen. Another person at our table asked for GF and they did the same for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums