Hey carnival magic peeps!

ddlb

We are going on the Carnival Magic for the first time and haven't been on a Carnival Cruise for awhile. Would appreciate all responses to the following questions and observations.

1. I think $4.50 for a 12 pk of bottled water is a deal. Beats carrying it on like I have done on previous cruises. If I order from the Fun Store online will it be waiting in our cabin when we board?

2. Would someone please tell me if they were happy with the Bottomless Bubbles. Was it easy to get served if you just wanted pop? Did you tip every time or just occasionally? And most important was it warm pop on ice making it flat and watered down? I'm trying to determine if I want to lug around 24 cans of Coke Zero in my carry on. I know the mini-bar refrigerators aren't really that cold anyhow and I would probably have to add ice to it anyway.

3. I'm confused on something. In previous cruises (not sure which cruise line - when I asked for the mini-bar to be emptied I was basically told I could do that which I did and put all those little bottles on a shelf etc. Twice now I have been charged for items I did not use (but I don't think it was Carnival) can I request the mini-bar refrigerator be emptied also on the form you fill out online for special requests so it will be empty when we board?

4. Is the room service option for once a day offered by the Magic - can't figure out which ships it is or was on.

5. Last question - if I have wifi (one device at a time) and my husband has Carnival Hub Chat on his phone - will we be able to communicate? Or do you both need Hub chat.

Thanks for any input! Really excited about the Magic! DonnaB

We just returned from the Carnival Magic (7/2/17-7/8/17). #1-Water was delivered mid-afternoon on the embarkation day. #2-We had Bottomless Bubbles. Quality seemed ok. Saw them open cans and pour over ice in glass. Beats the bar soda from the hoses. #3-Frig was already empty. Only item was one big bottle of water that they would charge $3.75 if you opened it. #4-Room steward asked Morning or Evening service, we asked if we could get both, and he said yes and did. #5- Chat is $5 per phone for the cruise. Internet is not needed for chat. If you want social media/email/internet it is separate charge available either with a daily charge or a cruise length.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Just returned from a trip on the Magic at the end of June. To answer some of your questions I will go down your list.

1. Yes the water will be in your cabin if you purchase it from the Fun Shop.

2.i am very happy with the bottomless bubbles. I get it for my wife and my daughter. They have never had any issues with using it and they use it all the time on the ship. For me or makes sense to pay for it. From what I can tell the soda has always been cold when they got them. They never complained that the soda was hot or anything like that. As far as tipping goes, my daughter doesn't tip because she does not ha e the ability to spend money with her sail and sign. My wife on the other hand is a hear and there tipper.

3. I didn't see a mini bar or anything like that in my cabin and I was in a balcony room. There was a mini fridge there and it did keep my water and drinks from breakfast cold. Never an issue.

4.Room service is up to what ypou prefer. We prefer to have our room cleaned and the beds turned down once a day so we opted for night-time room service. It's totally up to you.

5.As far as Wi-Fi goes, we never get Wi-Fi because we are trying to disconnect from the world while on vacation so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to give you an answer on your last question.

Enjoy your cruise. The cruise director Dr. E is great and really goes out of his way to make your vacation an enjoyable experience.

We are going on the Carnival Magic for the first time and haven't been on a Carnival Cruise for awhile. Would appreciate all responses to the following questions and observations.

1. I think $4.50 for a 12 pk of bottled water is a deal. Beats carrying it on like I have done on previous cruises. If I order from the Fun Store online will it be waiting in our cabin when we board? It will be delivered the first day, if that is the delivery day you select when you order it.

2. Would someone please tell me if they were happy with the Bottomless Bubbles. Was it easy to get served if you just wanted pop? Did you tip every time or just occasionally? And most important was it warm pop on ice making it flat and watered down? I'm trying to determine if I want to lug around 24 cans of Coke Zero in my carry on. I know the mini-bar refrigerators aren't really that cold anyhow and I would probably have to add ice to it anyway. It's been a while since I had BB, but I recall room temperature pop poured over ice. If you get it from an interior bar, it's room temp - outside, it's hot.

3. I'm confused on something. In previous cruises (not sure which cruise line - when I asked for the mini-bar to be emptied I was basically told I could do that which I did and put all those little bottles on a shelf etc. Twice now I have been charged for items I did not use (but I don't think it was Carnival) can I request the mini-bar refrigerator be emptied also on the form you fill out online for special requests so it will be empty when we board? Minibars are not empty when you board.

4. Is the room service option for once a day offered by the Magic - can't figure out which ships it is or was on. Not sure what you are asking here. You have the option of morning, evening, or both servicing. If your steward asks, that is. If they don't ask and only service once, you can contact GS and have it changed to twice if you wish.

5. Last question - if I have wifi (one device at a time) and my husband has Carnival Hub Chat on his phone - will we be able to communicate? Or do you both need Hub chat. If you want to communicate using HUB chat, you will each need to pay the $5 per cruise.

Short answers, but hopefully I provided some help. Have fun!

Thanks everyone for responding! It sounds like I'll have bottled water in time and bottomless bubbles is the way to go. And the refrig may or may not be emptied but if I get bottomless bubbles it won't matter.

In addition while I will be paying for wifi for the whole trip I will still have to pay an extra $5 for hub chat for my husband's phone and $5 hub chat for my phone. But Imessage won't work unless we had 2 wifi packages (too expensive).

If you select evening service does that mean you don't get fresh towels in the morning and your bed is unmade all day? I would rather have a clean room and the bed made and just request extra towels and ice. Don't really need 2 cleanings.

THANKS everyone!! DonnaB

I looked at bottomless bubbles but my thing is this... BB is what, $60 for a 7 day cruise for an adult. I can buy a lot of 12pks for that. Not to mention my kids don't drink soda but I still take their allotment. Plus I can always get more at ports and take back on board with me if I run out. Definitely not worth it for me. It's not like I have to lug around a bunch of soda all day. We buy it on the way to the terminal when we embark and we have FTTF so I drop it off in my cabin as soon as I embark and go on with my day.

Water has always been in our room as soon as we've embarked or very shortly after. One thing you did mention, you "didn't want to carry your bottles of water on like before"... You cannot take bottles of ANYTHING on with you, except 1 bottle of wine per adult 21+.

I looked at bottomless bubbles but my thing is this... BB is what, $60 for a 7 day cruise for an adult. I can buy a lot of 12pks for that. Not to mention my kids don't drink soda but I still take their allotment. Plus I can always get more at ports and take back on board with me if I run out. Definitely not worth it for me. It's not like I have to lug around a bunch of soda all day. We buy it on the way to the terminal when we embark and we have FTTF so I drop it off in my cabin as soon as I embark and go on with my day.

Water has always been in our room as soon as we've embarked or very shortly after. One thing you did mention, you "didn't want to carry your bottles of water on like before"... You cannot take bottles of ANYTHING on with you, except 1 bottle of wine per adult 21+.

You make some good points. I did read that you can't bring bottled water anymore so that is why I thought it was a good deal for water being only $4.50 instead of who knows what kind of price Carnival could come up with!

Our cruise is 6 nights so I think it came to $51.75 and if I deduct the cost of the pop I would bring and like you say buy in ports I am ok with the net cost! My reasoning also is I won't have to run back to the room to get a refill etc. But I do understand your point! I wouldn't do it if hubby drank pop too and I had to buy two of them - definitely too much to spend when I could go lose it playing slots instead for about 4 minutes! Thanks for your input!