Breakfast

EmilyAnn86

Could you just order coffee for room delivery and when you are alert and more centered go for breakfast?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See you're one of the people we don't want to be around in the morning :D

Edited by Saint Greg

See you're one of the people we don't want to be around in the morning :D

I won't respond narratively to this. It simply say that my good friend is NOT a morning person. We have been roommates in the past and still travel together. She does well is you just give her a large cup of coffee and let her take her time.

Yes, I am a morning person. But one also trying to help you keep your expectations in line. You will be on a cruise ship with many people who get up before sunrise - you could hear doors closing at 5 or 6 am and certainly plenty by 8 am. What you want delivered for breakfast is not going to happen. So you need to improvise and compromise. Your options are coffee and continental breakfast delivered at your time choice as others have notes or simply have coffee and take your time waking until you are ready to brave the MDR for sea day brunch or the lido for late breakfast.

Good luck.

I won't respond narratively to this. It simply say that my good friend is NOT a morning person. We have been roommates in the past and still travel together. She does well is you just give her a large cup of coffee and let her take her time.

Yes, I am a morning person. But one also trying to help you keep your expectations in line. You will be on a cruise ship with many people who get up before sunrise - you could hear doors closing at 5 or 6 am and certainly plenty by 8 am. What you want delivered for breakfast is not going to happen. So you need to improvise and compromise. Your options are coffee and continental breakfast delivered at your time choice as others have notes or simply have coffee and take your time waking until you are ready to brave the MDR for sea day brunch or the lido for late breakfast.

Good luck.

I'm not the OP. I'm not getting any room service. You should re-read the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is a late sleeper. I am not. I get up and have a nice breakfast in the Lido buffet (and no, it's really not that crowded in the mornings). Afterwards, I take a plate from Lido down to the cabin, and order coffee service delivered. When she wakes up, she's got a pot of coffee and breakfast. (For breakfast room service, I tip $2-$4, depending upon what we order)

I'm not the OP. I'm not getting any room service. You should re-read the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you are not the OP. I was responding to your snarky response...must be morning where you are when you responded.:rolleyes: And I then provided a 2nd paragraph directed at the OP. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I know you are not the OP. I was responding to your snarky response...must be morning where you are when you responded.:rolleyes: And I then provided a 2nd paragraph directed at the OP. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Oh in that case I'll answer your question. First I've been on five cruises so you don't have to tell me what my expectations should be. I don't want breakfast delivered to me. If you read the thread you would know that. Also there's a big difference between me at home and me on a cruise. I went to bed around 9:30 last night...doesn't happen on a cruise. I was up at 5:30 this morning. Doesn't happen on a cruise. I ran 5 miles this morning..Doesn't happen on a cruise. I haven't had alcohol in weeks...doesn't happen on a cruise. I work at 9am at a place that's so laid back I could show up at 10 and nobody would care.

I'm not going to order coffee and then eat on the when lido when I'm more composed because you said to. I'm get my own coffee at the coffee shop. I'm going to my own burrito at BIue I and I'm going to bring it back to my room and reemerge when I'm ready for a Bloody Mary.

I don't eat breakfast with 3000 people at home. And I don't want to eat breakfast with you and your family on my vacation.

Edited by Saint Greg

My snarky response was in response to your snarky response....essentially "drink coffee and try again later." :rolleyes:

My snarky response was in response to your snarky response....essentially "drink coffee and try again later." :rolleyes:

My response was not intended to be snarky - yours was. Rather, I asked my question of the OP, ie would the OP be willing to have coffee and go to breakfast later. I never asked you a single question.

And don't worry, you won't need to have breakfast with me or my family. We will be in the MDR seated at a table for 4 quietly enjoying our time together.

Geesh....

is the buffet on the Lido deck typically crowded? Part of my being grumpy when I first wake up is not wanting to be around people. I only communicate in grunts and eye rolls for a good 30 minutes LOL And about how long does it take to walk from a mid-ship cabin to the buffet? It has been almost 17 years since I have been on a cruise so I don't remember how long it takes to walk places.

The buffet for late risers is usually not crowded mostly everyone eats earlier, at least not the time that I go which is between 11:30 and 12...it may be 1 or 2 people ahead me but it's not crowded. It's normally at the back of the ship, so at the most it's a less than 5 minute walk. I have seen it at the front of the ship which is even a shorter walk. :D

My husband doesn't eat breakfast and I am a major grump in the morning so I am thinking it may be best to order room service each morning. We would probably want coffee for him and eggs, bacon, toast, and juice for me. How long does it typically take to arrive? Is there a charge? What is a good amount to tip?

I don't know if it's still available on the room service menu but they used to have a BLT sandwich on the free room service menu. I would order continental breakfast and then order a BLT sandwich and have them hold the tomato lettuce and mayo. It comes with chips but if you bring a little ziplock baggie with you on vacation you can stick the chips in that and have them to munch on in front of the TV later.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app

My husband doesn't eat breakfast and I am a major grump in the morning so I am thinking it may be best to order room service each morning. We would probably want coffee for him and eggs, bacon, toast, and juice for me. How long does it typically take to arrive? Is there a charge? What is a good amount to tip?

Feel sorry for your husband.

The menu is out of date. Sadly, the smoke salmon is no longer available via broom service at breakfast, it was my favorite:(. Unless you all know something I don't know... I am hoping!

I was extremely disappointed that smoked salmon is no longer offered on the room service breakfast card. It was always my favorite too, and is one of the several reasons we are planning to cruise with another line next time.

I had heard that you could write smoked salmon on the card and you might get it, so I did write it on there the first day and did receive it. But, the crew member who delivered my breakfast said "I bring the salmon special for you, but it is no longer offered on the room service menu." :( So, I enjoyed it that morning but didn't have the nerve to write it on the card after that.

Just another one of Carnival's many disappointing cut backs. :(

No fruit anymore.

Except for bananas and melon.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Do they still have 'fruit salad' on the regular room service menu? (may have to write that in as well? ;p)

The regular room service menu I've seen posted recently doesn't have fruit salad listed.

..hmmm - guess that is gone now too?

Guess it will be melon and/or banana for breakfast???;p:p (and since the smoked salmon is gone I would definitely consider adding the BLT or PJB for some morning protein!)....

I was extremely disappointed that smoked salmon is no longer offered on the room service breakfast card. It was always my favorite too, and is one of the several reasons we are planning to cruise with another line next time.

I had heard that you could write smoked salmon on the card and you might get it, so I did write it on there the first day and did receive it. But, the crew member who delivered my breakfast said "I bring the salmon special for you, but it is no longer offered on the room service menu." :( So, I enjoyed it that morning but didn't have the nerve to write it on the card after that.

Just another one of Carnival's many disappointing cut backs. :(

This cracks me up, no Guy's Burger or Salmon is going to make you go on another cruise line? What do you mean didn't have the nerve? It's a different room service person everyday. 14 days on the Magic, smoked salmon everyday, the worst they could do is say no.

What exactly are "continental items?" I don't want to have to get dressed and walk somewhere in the morning to get food. So if I can't get it through room service I might skip breakfast and get an early lunch. I am so not a morning person ;)

I wear pajamas to breakfast...even if I bring it back to my room or stay up there.

I don't know if it's still available on the room service menu but they used to have a BLT sandwich on the free room service menu. I would order continental breakfast and then order a BLT sandwich and have them hold the tomato lettuce and mayo. It comes with chips but if you bring a little ziplock baggie with you on vacation you can stick the chips in that and have them to munch on in front of the TV later.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app

Perfect!

BLT. Hold the bread, the L and the T.

But the proper technique is to go ahead and eat the potato chips for breakfast. You're on a cruise for gawd's sake!

:cool:

This cracks me up, no Guy's Burger or Salmon is going to make you go on another cruise line?
It is a bit puzzling from the perspective of those of us who have seen basically the same complaints about the other cruise lines, except those that, on average, charge a lot more and/or offer comparatively few cruises to choose from.