Late departure Jewel

Hi I am travelling on Jewel on 23rd July so have been reading the FAQ's thread.

Someone has mentioned that you can book a late departure from some ships including Jewel which would be great as our flight to the UK doesn't leave until the evening.

However I cannot seem to find this on my cruise planner; is this because we have not boked flights with RC?

Sometimes it's offered on the cruise planer called the "Stay awhile" program. They keep a hold of your luggage until you are ready to get off and you can have lunch in the Windjammer and use the pool etc.

You have to use your credit card if you want alcoholic drinks though. I think they give you a soda package for the day though.

If it's not offered on the cruise planner, if it's applicable on your sailing you'll be able to sign up onboard. Think it's $35per person. You wil NOT be able to go back to your cabin after about 8am though.

I've seen it on European cruises - Mediterranean cruises a few times (not all). Haven't seen it on any Caribbean cruises so far. Often times if it is available, it won't be available online on Cruise Planner, but you can get it on the ship. So if you're sailing the Caribbean - I wouldn't count on it being available.

e5aa9b4b287da096865f312efca4bc3b.jpg

From Jewel. There were actually 3 departure times and the last one was 3:15p.

You had to be out of your room by 8:30 as normal.

Some have reported feeling "in the way" and the swimming pools bring closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen it on European cruises - Mediterranean cruises a few times (not all). Haven't seen it on any Caribbean cruises so far. Often times if it is available, it won't be available online on Cruise Planner, but you can get it on the ship. So if you're sailing the Caribbean - I wouldn't count on it being available.

I doubt it will ever be offered on cruises from the US, as they don't let people on until the ship has been 'zeroed'

No, it is not offered on USA itineraries.

The OP is sailing next week therefore she is in Europe.

We also had a late flight back to England (7,50pm) so the late departure didn't work for us as it would still mean we were at the airport too early.

We hired a car and drove to Orvieto which is beautiful; had lunch and then drove back to FCO for 5.30. Cost worked out comparable to the staying on board cost and the cost of a driver to the airport.

Car rental in Civitavecchia is right next to the port gates FYI

bd6b21c4a00183461e6e6d7b66d4d339.jpg

Orvieto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk