Cabana on GSC?

Going to GSC in March on the Epic.

Looking at booking a small cabana for us. I know how much they cost, wouldn't be much more than an excursion for the 3 of us (mom and wife + me)

I'll be recently married, 6 months when I go on this cruise. I've never been to GSC before and thought it would be a good option and give us some shade and more privacy.

Any experience with these? Thoughts?

Please leave all those "If you make it comments to yourself"... TY

Based on personal experience, I would say go for it! I've booked 2 small and 1 large cabana, and made it to the island 2/3 times. Worth it every time! Having a 'home base' so to speak, and the shade and privacy are the main reasons I book one. The included snacks, beverages, and services of a cabana attendant are also nice. I will always recommend a cabana on GSC to anyone thinking of booking one!

Based on personal experience, I would say go for it! I've booked 2 small and 1 large cabana, and made it to the island 2/3 times. Worth it every time! Having a 'home base' so to speak, and the shade and privacy are the main reasons I book one. The included snacks, beverages, and services of a cabana attendant are also nice. I will always recommend a cabana on GSC to anyone thinking of booking one!

We are hoping to grab one!

What's the cabana menu like? Worth the prices?

Items you bring with you safe when you leave?

The cabana menu has both alcoholic beverages and snack type items on it as far as I can remember. Chips and salsa type items are included, as are water and soda (you request the specific soda types prior to arrival), and you get a $50 food and beverage credit. I know they have shrimp cocktail as an item, but I've always been a bit leery of ordering it on a hot island. :eek: We usually stick with ordering the fruit platters and a bottle of (admittedly cheap) champagne. Beyond that, once the cabana attendant got to know us, we got platters of food from the buffet delivered, as well as trays of mimosas and margaritas. :o So I couldn't tell you what else was on the menu, unfortunately.

As far as storage, there is a small cabinet to leave items in, but it doesn't lock. We've always had a large group of people, so someone was always left behind to keep an eye on things generally. But even when the cabana was unattended, we never had anything go missing. Your mileage may vary, though.

The cabana menu has both alcoholic beverages and snack type items on it as far as I can remember. Chips and salsa type items are included, as are water and soda (you request the specific soda types prior to arrival), and you get a $50 food and beverage credit. I know they have shrimp cocktail as an item, but I've always been a bit leery of ordering it on a hot island. :eek: We usually stick with ordering the fruit platters and a bottle of (admittedly cheap) champagne. Beyond that, once the cabana attendant got to know us, we got platters of food from the buffet delivered, as well as trays of mimosas and margaritas. :o So I couldn't tell you what else was on the menu, unfortunately.

As far as storage, there is a small cabinet to leave items in, but it doesn't lock. We've always had a large group of people, so someone was always left behind to keep an eye on things generally. But even when the cabana was unattended, we never had anything go missing. Your mileage may vary, though.

Hmm....so when you book a cabana it does not go by how many people you have? You say you had a large group of people....is there not a limit to how many people they will allow?

Cabanas are well worth the money IMHO. Shade, chairs, a "coffee" table, loungers, mats for in the water and a shower to rinse off all included. My favorite is Cabana 11 (the first small cabana) which sits between the bar and the restrooms! Can't get any more convenient than that!!! We usually book one and then invite others to go in on it with us.

Cabanas are well worth the money IMHO. Shade, chairs, a "coffee" table, loungers, mats for in the water and a shower to rinse off all included. My favorite is Cabana 11 (the first small cabana) which sits between the bar and the restrooms! Can't get any more convenient than that!!! We usually book one and then invite others to go in on it with us.
But how many people are you allowed to have in the cabana to go in on it with?

Hmm....so when you book a cabana it does not go by how many people you have? You say you had a large group of people....is there not a limit to how many people they will allow?

Small cabana's price is for 6 people and then you can add two more people for $25each for a total of 8 people max. The large cabana's basic price is for 8 people and you can add 2 more for a total of 10 people.

Each person is given a wrist band so they can tell who belongs and who doesn't. You can have people visit you but I don't think they would put up with a large crowd since we pay big bucks for some peace and quiet in our cabanas.

Small cabana's price is for 6 people and then you can add two more people for $25each for a total of 8 people max. The large cabana's basic price is for 8 people and you can add 2 more for a total of 10 people.

Each person is given a wrist band so they can tell who belongs and who doesn't. You can have people visit you but I don't think they would put up with a large crowd since we pay big bucks for some peace and quiet in our cabanas.

6 adults sharing the cost...then yes, I could see it being worth it. But not worth it for 3 people sharing the cost...which would be us. Thank you for sharing that!

6 adults sharing the cost...then yes, I could see it being worth it. But not worth it for 3 people sharing the cost...which would be us. Thank you for sharing that!

$98 or so isn't bad per person if you split. Plus you'd be there for a good 7 hours. I'm not sure what kind of excursions you book, but I've spent more on other excursions.

I felt it was well worth 4 adults sharing it. But it depends on what you value. I feel the privacy, service and view are well worth it even if it was only my husband and I.

$98 or so isn't bad per person if you split. Plus you'd be there for a good 7 hours. I'm not sure what kind of excursions you book, but I've spent more on other excursions.
Hmm....it's my understanding that the cheapest cabana is $499. Perhaps I am wrong. I will have to check this out a bit more because you are right if the cost is about $98per person for a party of 3. Thanks!

Hmm....it's my understanding that the cheapest cabana is $499. Perhaps I am wrong. I will have to check this out a bit more because you are right if the cost is about $98per person for a party of 3. Thanks!

The cabana prices are different for different ships and lengths of the cruise. We paid $425 (reduced to $361. with my Platinum Plus discount) on the Gem in May for a small cabana. Price is more for the Breakaway and less for the Sky so you have to check the price for your individual cruise.

Yes, there is a limit - as noted above. We stayed within our limits when we booked a small cabana, and vaguely within them when we booked a large. We've always used them during music charter cruises, so no one honestly cared how many people were in them. Someone was always coming and going - as was the case with all cabanas. That's what happens when you sail with a shipful of your closest friends. :) And for the record, we paid under $250 for each. However, when my mom, sis-in-law, and I booked a small while on Getaway, we paid $400 - and missed the island anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI - it was less for our Gem sailing this May. But, this Fall on the Breakaway, a little more than 90 days out - small Cabana is $549 (for 6 + 2 with extra fees) and large Cabana at $50 more, priced at $599 (for 8) Any applicable discounts are applied yet ... of course, you can use OBC to lower actual out-of-pocket expenses further.

Just FYI - it was less for our Gem sailing this May. But, this Fall on the Breakaway, a little more than 90 days out - small Cabana is $549 (for 6 + 2 with extra fees) and large Cabana at $50 more, priced at $599 (for 8) Any applicable discounts are applied yet ... of course, you can use OBC to lower actual out-of-pocket expenses further.

It's more for the Breakaway and less for the Sky than the Gem. The bigger the ship - the bigger the price. :(

The cabana prices are different for different ships and lengths of the cruise. We paid $425 (reduced to $361. with my Platinum Plus discount) on the Gem in May for a small cabana. Price is more for the Breakaway and less for the Sky so you have to check the price for your individual cruise.

Omg how obvious can Ncl get

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a small cabana for our family of six off the EPIC in February. I used the $50 shore excursion credit plus 10% platinum reduction to bring the price down. The cabana had plenty of room for all of us and was an easy home base as individuals walked straight out to the beach to swim or take off for their wave runner shore excursion. The head maitre-d from the Haven Restaurant was in charge of cabana service. He was on shore supervising for the day. Service was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from my cruise on the Gem. We had a small cabana and paid $382 on line, if booked on board it was $425. The cabana is well worth it, especially if you can't stay out in the sun to long. That price is for 6 people and included a $50 food credit. We got the shrimp and lobster player for it. The lobster tails were bigger than I thought it would be. You also get chips and salsa and a fruits platter. They have cabana guys come around, one gets you drinks the other gets good from the BBQ. You get 4 floats and it has a shower. Also comes with bottled water. The beach is in front of the cabanas. It's a little walk to beach. But it seems like a private beach. If there was 50 people on it that was a lot. The cabanas are about a 10 minute walk from where you get on island. Note: if you can't make walk(especially on the way back to boat) you ask for a ride back and they will come with a jeep to take you back.

Well worth the price, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For people recently there, are the current cabanas in the new Haven area which I don't think is complete yet or are they building new cabanas there? I haven't made it to GSC yet, and am confused on the layout. We will be there late November, and hoping that maybe the new Haven area is open by then. But if the old cabanas are in that new area, I'd look into renting one.

Just off the Gem and hands down the cabana was the best money we spent on the trip! We had 6 ppl and booked a small cabana for $400. ( We ended up with #18) It was a bit of a walk from the entrance where you tender but that was the best part for us! The lagoon area in front of our cabana was practically empty while the water and beach near the entrance was packed! There was a small bar and bathroom steps from us. The area beyond our cabana was under construction while we were there but there was no disruptive noise or anything. You get a $50 food credit. You can choose from

Shrimp cocktail, sushi, a cheese and cracker platter and I believe lobster. There is a fruit plate and chips and salsa when you arrive along with a few bottles of water. There were staff who came along to see if you needed drinks but we were so close to the bar it was unnecessary. We had plenty of food so we didn't partake in the BBQ at the other end so I can't comment on that. I preferred the small cabanas as the large ones were elevated and farther from the water. We loved the shower behind the cabana to rinse the sand. That was an unexpected perk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Gem and hands down the cabana was the best money we spent on the trip! We had 6 ppl and booked a small cabana for $400. ( We ended up with #18) It was a bit of a walk from the entrance where you tender but that was the best part for us! The lagoon area in front of our cabana was practically empty while the water and beach near the entrance was packed! There was a small bar and bathroom steps from us. The area beyond our cabana was under construction while we were there but there was no disruptive noise or anything. You get a $50 food credit. You can choose from

Shrimp cocktail, sushi, a cheese and cracker platter and I believe lobster. There is a fruit plate and chips and salsa when you arrive along with a few bottles of water. There were staff who came along to see if you needed drinks but we were so close to the bar it was unnecessary. We had plenty of food so we didn't partake in the BBQ at the other end so I can't comment on that. I preferred the small cabanas as the large ones were elevated and farther from the water. We loved the shower behind the cabana to rinse the sand. That was an unexpected perk.

With 6 people sharing the cost I'd say it was a good choice for you, but not necessarily for say 2 or 3 people. I'd rather go and visit, take a dip in the sea or pool, check out the BBQ and if there is no shade or chairs left we will go back to the ship. I have a small portabella beach umbrella we are taking with so if there are chairs we are good to go.

With 6 people sharing the cost I'd say it was a good choice for you, but not necessarily for say 2 or 3 people. I'd rather go and visit, take a dip in the sea or pool, check out the BBQ and if there is no shade or chairs left we will go back to the ship. I have a small portabella beach umbrella we are taking with so if there are chairs we are good to go.

Agreed. It was definitely a better deal with the size of our group. I did notice right near the bar at the far end near the cabanas there were loungers in the shade under a little strip of trees and also some shaded table and chairs at that same bar that were all empty! It might be worth walking farther down away from the crowds to get a better spot without having to pay for a cabana.