Make a wish foundation

Has anyone had experience or know of someone with experience on cruising as a child's wish? Are there any 'perks' or special provisions? Obviously the cruise itself is huge, but just curious about Royal Caribbean and what, if anything, they may offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone had experience or know of someone with experience on cruising as a child's wish? Are there any 'perks' or special provisions? Obviously the cruise itself is huge, but just curious about Royal Caribbean and what, if anything, they may offer.

Yes they always try to do extra special things- surprises- may be some special excursions, some special celebration- not sure but it is supposed to be a surprise. You will have to wait and sea! LOL

also maybe freebies like Royal Carribean beach towels, tee shirts, etc. etc. They will make it special i am sure. Grant a wish is one of the organizations that they do the walkathons on the top deck of the ships each cruise and the money they raise goes to Grant a wish.

Glad to know they still do it. I believe they stopped the fundraiser on board where you paid $10, walked a mile and got a t-shirt.

I bought a Make a wish pool towel a few years ago, wish they had continued there fundraiser on board ( great pool towel)

I don't know how old the child is, but you may want to look at Disney. My 7 year old granddaughter asked for a Disney cruise for her wish. I would contact the foundation directly. From the moment a limo picked her up at home it was fantastic. She wore a special T shirt and the flight crew was fantastic, taking her into the cockpit, etc.

On board the ship, her cabin door was decorated and they had a big cabin at the rear of the ship. Make a wish arranged for her to go to the boutique for hair do, makeup, etc. Near the end of the cruise there was a meet and greet with the characters. A totally awesome trip.

As a side note she is finishing her second round of chemo.

My daughter was a Make-A-Wish recipient a few years back (she met the Seattle Mariners) but we have always been told the Disney is the most popular request. As someone else posted, maybe a Disney Cruise would be a better experience as I'm sure they've probably dealt with so many more requests. This is all assuming the child in question likes Disney etc, either way, MaW is a great organization and I'm sure they will help accommodate a request on any cruise line and make it a good one.