Pre-cruise concierge service

pinklady65

I am very lucky to be sailing in a Haven Suite for the first time in October. Do they still offer a pre-cruise concierge service so I can put in a couple of requests or will I need to wait until I am on board. If they still do, when can i expect them to contact me.

Many thanks

They do. I had an awful experience with it. The rep was totally incompetent. I still have her name. Wanted to determine what room delivered foods were included and what's extra before The cruise and then order from that info. She couldn't ever find out what was extra and what was included and what prices were. Made sure in emails we did not get anything extra until we knew the cost and when we got on all of the items we inquired about were delivered and ordered to the tune of several hundreds of dollars. SEVERAL. Luckily we rectified it first day through a lot of work through concierge and Butler on board but got it cleared up. Be careful these folks or this one representative was not knowledgeable didn't return calls and emails and didn't know a lot nor could she get the information. Be careful unless you have a lot of spending money on board then by all means the sky is the limit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They do. I had an awful experience with it. The rep was totally incompetent. I still have her name. Wanted to determine what room delivered foods were included and what's extra before The cruise and then order from that info. She couldn't ever find out what was extra and what was included and what prices were. Made sure in emails we did not get anything extra until we knew the cost and when we got on all of the items we inquired about were delivered and ordered to the tune of several hundreds of dollars. SEVERAL. Luckily we rectified it first day through a lot of work through concierge and Butler on board but got it cleared up. Be careful these folks or this one representative was not knowledgeable didn't return calls and emails and didn't know a lot nor could she get the information. Be careful unless you have a lot of spending money on board then by all means the sky is the limit.

What in the world did you inquire about? Our letter only listed pillows and such.

I am very lucky to be sailing in a Haven Suite for the first time in October. Do they still offer a pre-cruise concierge service so I can put in a couple of requests or will I need to wait until I am on board. If they still do, when can i expect them to contact me. Many thanks

You will get a letter 50 days prior to cruise with your luggage tags.

Their advertised purpose is to allow you to request a pillow type and coffee preference.

We normally don't bother with them. It is best to establish a relationship with your butler and steward by talking directly to them on embarkation and get your requests sorted then.

For reservations, they can't do any better than what you can do yourself. The onboard concierge can overbook shows and restaurants for you.

I have to politely disagree - maybe I just had a great experience with my pre-concierge. That being said, we got the special pillows requested, mattress topper for our son, fridge emptied and filled with almond milk and iced tea, vegan afternoon snack selection (along with regular snacks), and (my son' request) chocolate chip cookies. They even exchanged the bottle of champagne for prosecco which is my preference. The pre-concierge asked / confirmed our dining and entertainment preferences, and other than trying to sign us up for NCL-sponsored excursions, was polite, professional and extremely helpful. As a result, our butler knew all of our names even before we got on-board, and our stateroom attendant had the room cleaned, prepped and set up as we requested. Anoop literally ran over to us and gave my son a high five - remembered us from our last trip (as we remembered him as well - prior to him shaving his head!). Made us feel like royalty.

Perhaps it is just hit or miss, but if it were really all "misses", you would think that they would not even bother with the service due to customer complaints. Hope you have as good of an experience as we did!

Warm Regards, Amy

Nothing unfortunately could have been further from the truth in our case. Our Butler was very lackluster as well. This was first cruise in Haven where we were totally disappointed. Crew Morale is in the toilet. We know this as we have friends both Officer and hotel/rest contract employees. Anyway just wanted to share that our last experience very much left a very bad taste. As for our requests, nothing that wouldn't be served in the Buffet or O'Sheehans. It would have been nice snacks for the kids. Veggies for vegan wife, nope. All we got were croissants in the morning. Anyway YMMV.

SailBreakaway... that's just awful. I'm so sorry for your bad experience. So, on a whim today I called the pre-concierge and had another fantastic experience! Just was asking a random question, and she pulled up all of our familiy's suite preferences (pillows, empty fridge, snacks, etc), confirmed my vegan status and reviewed vegan options for each restaurant - even to the point of checking if I ate cheese (all their cheeses have rennet and not suitable for vegans).

Not sure why there is so much disparity in the quality of concierge staff, but knock on wood... I've been lucky.

Amy