District Brewhouse Leader Board

POA1

Is this how it was in other weeks? It doesn't seem like it will be anywhere near as fun if you can't see how you are doing against the competition...
I agree, but I kind of feel bad for the bar staff because it sounds like an extra task that NCL dumped on them, going through everyone's bar slips by hand. I can understand if they aren't really motivated to do this every day. Even doing it once at the end of each cruise must get pretty old after about 2 cruises…

In Doug's live thread, he posted the current list. It's down to 73 beers if I counted right. I wonder what they use for the tie breaker, since 73 seems do-able in a week.

yea that is way easy I can easily do 15 a day. Prob is some of the beers are kinda nasty. And I do not want to just drink beer the whole trip. I leave the end of October.

yea that is way easy I can easily do 15 a day. Prob is some of the beers are kinda nasty. And I do not want to just drink beer the whole trip. I leave the end of October.

Gotta remember that the drafts are 16 oz each and many of the beers are of the sipping variety instead of the pounding type you're accustomed to. And you have to factor in that after day one the DBH is only open from 400-1200, which would be a good thing since you don't want to just drink beer the entire trip. You have all day for frozen or other types of mixed drinks and then you can buckle down and concentrate on the beer after 400. You really need to be determined to win out for the week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The guy "won" the contest on my cruise a few weeks ago would come in, order a beer, then leave immediately... I suspect that he was not "finishing" all the beers, but instead "depositing" them in a nearby restroom sink...

Can someone please clarify the times that the DBH is open. In one post i see 400 -1200. I read this to be 4 am til noon. If this is true I can see the challenge, but if the true time is 4 pm until midnight, it might not be such a heavy lift. Whatever i say slainte.

Can someone please clarify the times that the DBH is open. In one post i see 400 -1200. I read this to be 4 am til noon. If this is true I can see the challenge, but if the true time is 4 pm until midnight, it might not be such a heavy lift. Whatever i say slainte.
Opens at 12 Noon on embarkation day and 400 PM - 1200 AM (Midnight) the rest of the week. So it's open for 60 hours over the course of the week.

Gotta remember that the drafts are 16 oz each and many of the beers are of the sipping variety instead of the pounding type you're accustomed to. And you have to factor in that after day one the DBH is only open from 400-1200, which would be a good thing since you don't want to just drink beer the entire trip. You have all day for frozen or other types of mixed drinks and then you can buckle down and concentrate on the beer after 400. You really need to be determined to win out for the week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

What is the contest actually? Is it the person who tastes the most beers? Or the person who finishes the most beers?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

No, it is 16:00 to 24:00

What is the contest actually? Is it the person who tastes the most beers? Or the person who finishes the most beers?

Anybody can taste a beer.....it's supposed to be the person who drinks and finishes the most different beers from their list. It consists of about 24 beers on tap and many 12 oz cans and bottles as well. Of course there is the 25 oz Foster's Oil Can and there are three different Chimay beers that are in 750 ml wine bottles that are over the 15.00 limit (19.95) as well as a Belgian Blonde that is 16.95, so you need to pay about 20 bucks after factoring in the 18% to drink those four options. The winner gets a growler and a pint glass to take home.

additionally the Cruise Critic meet and greet is "generally" held in the District B. and..... they "generally" hand out samples... but... you can also order (and add to your count) beer at that event that is generally either at noon or 1 PM on the first sea day. just fyi