Has any cruised to Croatia, Greece? Would you recommend?

My family and I are thinking about doing a trip to Italy next summer and cruising to Croatia and Greece. I am a little worried because it is a small ship. We have been on Allure, Adventure and Liberty. We much prefer the larger ships. Will the ship make much of a difference or is the destination really key here?

We loved Dubrovnik, Athens, Santorini, Corfu, Mykonos, and Olympia. The ship is a big part of the vacation, but I think you are right in that you do end up spending a significant part of your time off of the ship. That being said we enjoyed the Norwegian Jewel, and the Celebrity Summit just fine for our two forays into this part of the world.

Destination there trumps all!!! I cannot even remember the name of the ship but I can tell you every island by heart and everything we saw and did. You won't be disappointed with a smaller ship cruise to those countries!

Croatian ports, and the beautiful Greek Islands are my very favourite ports. We don't mind the smaller ships, but, yes, I think you'd find that the destinations/ ports will definitely override any concerns you may have about the size of the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My family and I are thinking about doing a trip to Italy next summer and cruising to Croatia and Greece. I am a little worried because it is a small ship. We have been on Allure, Adventure and Liberty. We much prefer the larger ships. Will the ship make much of a difference or is the destination really key here?

We also like the larger ships , but its makes less of a difference in Europe since there are very few sea days and I like the ease of getting on and off the smaller ships , we did Brilliance last year and loved all the Italian ports, Croatia and Kotor

just returned today from 8 day Croatia and greek islands cruise on the Rapsody of the Seas. Fantastic places to visit for us it was the itinerary before the ship. only one sea day anyway the last day. never cruised with Royal Caribbean before and other 2 cruises over 17 years ago (before kids) were on even smaller boats than Rapsody so for us, it was big enough.

Never been there but they look like amazing ports, I always sail to the Caribbean so I would take your itinerary without hesitation just because of the port. If the same ship were doing caribbean chances are I will pass and book freedom- oasis class ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums