Shareholder obc

Thanks for info.

BTW found page I was looking for and it says can only fax or mail. Another case of Carnival not following its own rules.:)

Yeah, obviously bad info. I just scanned and e-mailed the required statement a month ago for our OBC. Make sure to watch for a confirmation as it didn't get handled the first time and I had to send it a second time. If you don't hear within a week I would send it again.

I tried faxing once and it didn't work.

Sending the paperwork by e mail got a response quickly .

Will be doing the same for our next cruise.

Isn't it wonderful how well the stock is doing??

We bought more a while ago .

Carnival accepts emails but it seems most of the other lines under the CCL umbrella require mail or fax.

It's possible Carnival is the only one of all those lines that accepts email for this purpose. I know I have to fax in the info to HAL.

I tried faxing once and it didn't work.

Sending the paperwork by e mail got a response quickly .

Will be doing the same for our next cruise.

Isn't it wonderful how well the stock is doing??

We bought more a while ago .

Last time had to send info to our pvp and he got it taken care of.

Surprised what stock is now worth. The obc is awesome especially on longer cruises which we are now doing.

Should have this handy by now but oops.

What is email address or fax number for sending in brokerage statement?

Thanks for your help.

We send ours to Diamond Desk' date=' attn Diana Garcia. Fax to 305.406.8507 Sent yesterday, credited today for bookings thru end of year (7) We love the OBC! :D

Also, we send pic of the stock statement, by iPhone, to our PVP.

Edited by 2Shoes2Go
Addition

Timely topic for me. My company just updated the phone systems and knocked all the faxes off. I called the guest admin phone # this am for an email address to send the shareholder OBC information and was told, for security reasons, only faxes are accepted.

We send ours to Diamond Desk, attn Diana Garcia. Fax to 305.406.8507 Sent yesterday, credited today for bookings thru end of year (7) We love the OBC! :D

Also, we send pic of the stock statement, by iPhone, to our PVP.

Do love dealing with Diamond desk.:)

For first time ever obc credited same day as applied for:)

I just sent one via email to Guest Services 2 weeks ago, and it took about a week to post. In the last few years it's been 2-3 business days, but I wouldn't worry until it goes at least a week. I send it around final payment, so plenty of time if the credit doesn't appear.

I agree that the 'fax or mail only' is almost certainly a security (ie liability) thing. I cut down my statement to the absolute minimum, but certainly sending a full statement in non-encrypted email is a security issue. We can send it and they'll process it, but if the email is intercepted it won't be Carnival's fault. ;p

I have faxed in the past, but never got any kind of acknowledgement even when requested. Now, send via email, get the confirmation, check and save a copy of the docs with the credit, and all is right with the SHOBC world!

Just sent my information to the guestadmin@carnival.com address. Instantly received a response email, probably a robo-response but it was nice to know it got to someone. The subject line of the response email had an incident # included, probably used for tracking purposes since this email address also receives problems and complaints. If all the important information is excluded (account #, account value, etc) and all that is listed in the appropriate Carnival stock information, I don't see why Carnival doesn't encourage email submission. A monitored email mailbox is probably as safe as a monitored fax and the reverse should be true with an unmonitored fax or email address.

For a company that states they embrace technology, relying on a fax machine seems out of sorts. Fax machines are starting to go the way of rotary phones.

Just sent my information to the guestadmin@carnival.com address. Instantly received a response email, probably a robo-response but it was nice to know it got to someone. The subject line of the response email had an incident # included, probably used for tracking purposes since this email address also receives problems and complaints. If all the important information is excluded (account #, account value, etc) and all that is listed in the appropriate Carnival stock information, I don't see why Carnival doesn't encourage email submission. A monitored email mailbox is probably as safe as a monitored fax and the reverse should be true with an unmonitored fax or email address.

For a company that states they embrace technology, relying on a fax machine seems out of sorts. Fax machines are starting to go the way of rotary phones.

I would bet that the concern is that some senders forget to cross out certain bits of information on their tock statements.

Question:

I've looked but can't seem to find. Is there a place in Manage My Booking to see OBC? I know I have some, and will be getting more (CCL stock benefit) but don't know where to look to make sure its credited.

Question:

I've looked but can't seem to find. Is there a place in Manage My Booking to see OBC? I know I have some, and will be getting more (CCL stock benefit) but don't know where to look to make sure its credited.

The only way I know it to 'print' your documents. On our current docs, it's on page 5. There is an untitled box right under the "iIemized Charges" box. The second line in that untitled box shows the onboard credits. I don't recall if the line shows up with no value when there is no OBC, or if it is not present.

A monitored email mailbox is probably as safe as a monitored fax and the reverse should be true with an unmonitored fax or email address.

Monitoring has nothing to do with it. It's the ability for a 3rd party to intercept the email while it's on the way there. Someone could conceivably intercept every email and just sort through them at will, though they're probably as likely to find someone sending a CC number complete with expiration and CVV, which would be much more useful than most brokerage account data.

Fax isn't encrypted but theoretically it's point-to-point and you'd have to put a device on the other end to intercept it. These days though, with the fax machines being virtual and possibly using a digital line, it might be possible to intercept those in bulk without being on premises. And, of course, since people are mostly sending sensitive data via fax, it might be really easy to find financial information.

Then again, the snail mail submissions are probably scanned and stored on a server... access-protected but unencrypted. :D

Is this a real risk? Who knows? This information seems like it would be of limited value to a hacker... but if it's so much easier to get at than the list of credit card numbers in someone's database, you never know.

The take away is: protect yourself. Remove all non-necessary information including your brokerage account number, any total dollar values, and any other holdings in the account.

Monitoring has nothing to do with it. It's the ability for a 3rd party to intercept the email while it's on the way there. Someone could conceivably intercept every email and just sort through them at will, though they're probably as likely to find someone sending a CC number complete with expiration and CVV, which would be much more useful than most brokerage account data.

Fax isn't encrypted but theoretically it's point-to-point and you'd have to put a device on the other end to intercept it. These days though, with the fax machines being virtual and possibly using a digital line, it might be possible to intercept those in bulk without being on premises. And, of course, since people are mostly sending sensitive data via fax, it might be really easy to find financial information.

Then again, the snail mail submissions are probably scanned and stored on a server... access-protected but unencrypted. :D

Is this a real risk? Who knows? This information seems like it would be of limited value to a hacker... but if it's so much easier to get at than the list of credit card numbers in someone's database, you never know.

The take away is: protect yourself. Remove all non-necessary information including your brokerage account number, any total dollar values, and any other holdings in the account.

Really good advise. I've emailed mine every time and never an issue getting the OBC.

I wipe out acct #, all $, other holdings and only send cover page plus page showing my CCL shares.

All a hacker would glean from my email is my name and address (public knowledge anyway) and I have an acct at Fidelity.

IMO very limited risk.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app