Men's Necktie's

We honestly don't care how others will be dressed..:(If they don't dress up that is their prerogative.. However, we want to dress up for Christmas & New Years, our decision!

We did a Christmas cruise on RCCL one year and I was glad that I'd packed an extra dressy outfit because they made a big deal of Christmas Eve dinner as well as Christmas Night ... something to think about :)

The easiest way to tie a tie for someone else is to do it on yourself and then loosen it enough to slip it over your head. Once it is tied, you don't have to untie it. In other words, you could have a neighbor tie the ties and pack them ready to wear.

There are hundred of YouTube videos that will teach you how to tie a tie. I remember having to learn how back in my Cub Scout days.

Use a four in hand knot. It's very easy and you can tie it from the front if you really have to. It's easy. Don't go clip on. That's against the law if a guy is older than 8. ;) The four in hand can be loosened later in the evening for more breathing room.

Speaking of which - Measure your husband's neck. Add half an inch for comfort and buy the shirt in that neck size. As we get older, our necks tend to hold onto weight stubbornly. (At least mine does.)

Tuxedos should get bow ties. Tie your own. Practice if you are not used to it because it's a whole different animal.

A holiday cruise is on our bucket list. We've done December sailings in the weeks leading up to Christmas, but never the holidays proper.

For tie width, you can't go wrong with 3 1/4 inches. It's the medium width and won't go out of style, or if it does, not by much.

I don't think that you're traveling with hipsters, but if you are, then skinny ties, cropped pants and man buns are the order of the day.

For tie width, you can't go wrong with 3 1/4 inches. It's the medium width and won't go out of style, or if it does, not by much.

I don't think that you're traveling with hipsters, but if you are, then skinny ties, cropped pants and man buns are the order of the day.

OMG, DH in cropped pants with his long skinny legs would be a real laugh! :eek::D No hipsters in our party..LOL

Thanks again everyone, Now that I know how easy it is to tie a necktie I'll raid DH's closet & see what I like, but if I don't like what he has will plan on getting a couple of new ones..

Agree, as planning on Both Christmas Eve & Christmas Day to wear something really fancy & believe DH will wear his suit both days plus New Year's Eve..

Just got two small (2 ft) Christmas trees & ornaments to take with us..One is for Friends..

DH might object, but we can always leave them OB instead of carrying them back..We are so fortunate that we can drive to the port..

Will miss our free laundry service we normally get on HAL, but these dates clinched the cruise with all of us..Dec 22-Jan 2..Did not want to come back on New Years Eve. which HAL does.. Calling our Car service to book them this week..

I'm really excited about this Christmas Cruise, as have never done one before..

Thanks again everyone for your comments & advice..:cool:

Coming in late here, but I would definitely go bow tie. Pre tied and with an adjustable neck so you can pre fit it at home then just do the clip part when you are on board on the night.

Here in the UK we can buy some really great shirt and bow tie combos. My husband has a shirt that looks "normal" at the front, but the back of the shirt is a crazy balloon pattern which matches the bow tie.

We love cruising over Christmas and New Year, always a great opportunity to dress up to the max.

Have a great time 🥂[emoji568][emoji312]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:cool:

Roy, Not in a suite, only in a regular balcony cabin, but probably not a good idea to ask our Steward either.. Think DH would be very embarrassed asking another man to tie his tie..

Thought about getting a Friend to pre tie one of DH's ties & then slip it over his head without undoing it.. Then DH could slip it over his own head..Will look into it (yn)but I'm not sure how many of our Friends would remember how to tie a necktie either..:eek:LOL

But thanks for the suggestion..:cool:

I think tieing a tie is like riding a bicycle - once you know how, you know how forever. Mr. Trump overdoes some things - among others, his canoe-paddle ties are too wide and his Windsor knots (I'm not convinced they are half Windsors) lack finesse.

Go for the middle ground - those skinny jobs make you look like some late '50's wannabe something.