POA - Ocean View Cabins

Salem615

I am booked in an oceanview cabin on deck 4.

I was looking at some floorplans and it looks like the bed is up against the window and then there are 2 pull down beds on either side! I don't think I will like that.

I was hoping for a window I can actually walk up to and look out. also it is just the 2 of us so there is no need for the extra beds.

Does anyone know if this is the case for all oceanview rooms? f not can somebody help me with getting a room without the extra beds? (What category and room numbers)

I am booked in an oceanview cabin on deck 4 ... looking at some floorplans and it looks like the bed is up against the window and then there are 2 pull down beds on either side! I don't think I will like that.

I was hoping for a window I can actually walk up to and look out. also it is just the 2 of us so there is no need for the extra beds ...

Do you have a confirmed stateroom assigned or selected for the POA ? Use that to check the POA deck plan to see whether it has the extra bedding for a 3rd. person and/or 4th. person. Some have a capacity for 3 while others are for 2 only - no extra pullman bed on the wall.

Two of us were on a higher deck's OV and it has bedding for 4. Yes, all the beds are set against the window, it can be split apart as 2 single beds. You can ask the Room Steward to move the bed against one side of the long wall, then you can sit along the bed's edge & look outside.

Or, you can ask him/her to turn your bed 90 degree sideway - then you can sit on the bed & watch, with room to walk around. Pictures below are what we did on the POA.

Practically speaking, however, there are plenty of open space & public area to sit, on the outdoors, for best views of the islands as you cruise along. It's a port intensive itinerary, you are up at 6:30 and out the door for breakfast at 7:15 - off the gangways at 8 AM and sometimes not back until late in the evening while docked overnight ... not a whole lot of time to sit on the bed & stare out "picture" window.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d6sqom8zw788vg/DSCON00140.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq7rfsyoemb2ono/DSCON00142.JPG?dl=0

• 2 months later...

We just recently were in 4514. The bed was not against the window wall. The head of the bed was on the left wall as you face the window. The room slept 3. There was a pull out sofa, no pull down bed. We could walk up to the window and we did had an unobstructed view. The room was fine and based on the TV placement, I can't imagine the bed was re-arranged from the original position. We loved the placement of the room. It was convenient to the steps, dining rooms, theater and the gangway for the port exits. Hope that helps!