Carnival Stock Credits

rufflesmom

I am hoping someone that owns Carnival stock can answer this question. I know you can get credits for owning Carnival stock. Is that on board credit or can that be applied to the cost of the cruise? Is there a minimum number of shares that you have to have to get credits? DH and I were discussing it and want to look into buying Carnival stock. We were wondering how this works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What is the actual process for getting the OBC once you're a shareholder?

UPDATED: Answered my own question:

Please provide by fax or by mail your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example,photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) toyour travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

We took the plunge. DH bought 100 shares of Carnival stock this week. We are waiting for paperwork now for proof of stock ownership. DH called Crnival, they were very helpful. He was given a fax # to fax the info to, and told to wait 15-20 mins to give the fax time to actually go thru, then call a number he was given. They will take care of it over the phone. Don't know why we didn't do this sooner, we have been cruising with Carnival for 22 years.

A great big THANKS to everyone for the answers. We should have an extra $100 to spend (how many drinks will that buy..) for our cruise in September

about $68

Rufflesmom, what do you mean you are waiting for paperwork? as soon as you buy stock it will show up in your portfolio instantly. I use fidelity, go to your broker, sign in, my holdings, and print