Independence of the Seas review

• 2 months later...

I meant to come back and at least recap our debarkation, but realized I never did that. It's probably a moot point now, as I think IOS is done in the UK for now. But still, I was going through my old notes and found my info for the day we got off the ship.

We've always done our own debarkation. We don't like having to wait to find our luggage afterwards, and the 3 of us are all able bodied to handle it all. We had some breakfast in the Windjammer around 7:30 a.m. and then went back to our room to grab our luggage. We walked off the ship and right out the doors at 8:30 a.m. We didn't have to go through any customs or anything. It was kind of odd we thought, but there was nobody saying much of anything. We didn't have much, a couple of souvenirs and I think hubby bought 2 bottles off the ship. It was really the easiest debarkation we've ever had.

We walked over to the Hertz rental car place, which is about a 20 minute walk, just because you have to go around the Holiday Inn. Otherwise, it's technically directly across from the dock. We did another 6 days in the UK. I'll probably write up a little review, and put it in the Europe board. Just because it seems a lot of Americans who come to Southampton for their cruises stay after or come early.

I meant to come back and at least recap our debarkation, but realized I never did that. It's probably a moot point now, as I think IOS is done in the UK for now. But still, I was going through my old notes and found my info for the day we got off the ship.

We've always done our own debarkation. We don't like having to wait to find our luggage afterwards, and the 3 of us are all able bodied to handle it all. We had some breakfast in the Windjammer around 7:30 a.m. and then went back to our room to grab our luggage. We walked off the ship and right out the doors at 8:30 a.m. We didn't have to go through any customs or anything. It was kind of odd we thought, but there was nobody saying much of anything. We didn't have much, a couple of souvenirs and I think hubby bought 2 bottles off the ship. It was really the easiest debarkation we've ever had.

We walked over to the Hertz rental car place, which is about a 20 minute walk, just because you have to go around the Holiday Inn. Otherwise, it's technically directly across from the dock. We did another 6 days in the UK. I'll probably write up a little review, and put it in the Europe board. Just because it seems a lot of Americans who come to Southampton for their cruises stay after or come early.

Southampton disembarkation is always easy. Immigration is sorted from the manifests and in our 8 Southampton arrivals we’ve only seen Customs there once doing spot checks. In terms of risk a round trip ex Southampton Cruise is very low risk hence very low resources applied to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Southampton disembarkation is always easy. Immigration is sorted from the manifests and in our 8 Southampton arrivals we’ve only seen Customs there once doing spot checks. In terms of risk a round trip ex Southampton Cruise is very low risk hence very low resources applied to it.

It was certainly different. A little odd in fact. Let's hope nothing happens to change that! :(

• 2 months later...

As people are planning their European cruises now, I thought I'd add a note into this review. I'm not even sure if IOS is doing this same itinerary this summer. I know when we booked it, these were the only cruise dates that had this exact itinerary, not sure why. Anyway, I pretty much finished up my post-trip report. I didn't realize that I hadn't completed things, so I just added some of the last stuff we did into the report. I know many Americans who take a cruise out of Europe add on time in London or the surrounding area, so I thought it might be of help.

Oh, the link to the report is in my signature.

• Like 1