Back to Back Cruises

Big Foot

Hello,

My Husband & I together with my Parents are doing a B2B on Ventura in adjoining Superior deluxe staterooms.

We're Mediterranean tier & Mum & Dad Atlantic.

We're due to receive the following:-

Special Touches

• Mineral water on arrival
  • Toiletries pack
  • Canapés once a week - typical canapés include Chicken and Mango barquettes and Duck pâté on toast (may vary depending on ship)
  • Fruit basket
  • Flowers, Champagne and chocolates on arrival - typically 10 chocolates in a box (subject to change)

I note that the P&O website states the following:-

Please note that if travelling on consecutive (back to back) cruises some elements of your initial cabin set up will only be provided when you embark on your first of the consecutive cruises.

Does anyone know what this means? What won't we get on the 2nd cruise?

Will we get 2 pairs of slippers, due to being in the Mediterranean tier on both cruises? Only ask as Parents find them useful for at home!

Joan

To me that means you will probably only get the flowers, champagne and the fruit basket on the first embarkation day. I don't imagine they'd give you a second pair of slippers each either, but I've never done a back to back, so I'm only guessing.

They'll probably give you the water and the other standard arrival items on the second embarkation day.

Hello,

My Husband & I together with my Parents are doing a B2B on Ventura in adjoining Superior deluxe staterooms.

We're Mediterranean tier & Mum & Dad Atlantic.

We're due to receive the following:-

Special Touches

•  
  • Mineral water on arrival

• Toiletries pack

• Canapés once a week - typical canapés include Chicken and Mango barquettes and Duck pâté on toast (may vary depending on ship)

• Fruit basket

• Flowers, Champagne and chocolates on arrival - typically 10 chocolates in a box (subject to change)

•  

I note that the P&O website states the following:-

Please note that if travelling on consecutive (back to back) cruises some elements of your initial cabin set up will only be provided when you embark on your first of the consecutive cruises.

Does anyone know what this means? What won't we get on the 2nd cruise?

Will we get 2 pairs of slippers, due to being in the Mediterranean tier on both cruises? Only ask as Parents find them useful for at home!

Joan

Joan,

You get all of the above on the second cruise.

Worry not

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a back to back on Azura and definitely received everything on the second cruise that we'd been given on the first. It is lovely doing a B2B, especially on the day before the end of the first cruise when you see all the luggage in the corridors and know that you won't be leaving! You don't say whether you are doing a cruise from Southampton or a fly cruise. Ours was flying out and sailing back to Southampton at the end of the second cruise. On the first evening of the second cruise when it was all open seating due to planes arriving in the Caribbean at different times, we booked at one of the Select dining venues which worked well.

We did a back to back on Azura and definitely received everything on the second cruise that we'd been given on the first. It is lovely doing a B2B, especially on the day before the end of the first cruise when you see all the luggage in the corridors and know that you won't be leaving! You don't say whether you are doing a cruise from Southampton or a fly cruise. Ours was flying out and sailing back to Southampton at the end of the second cruise. On the first evening of the second cruise when it was all open seating due to planes arriving in the Caribbean at different times, we booked at one of the Select dining venues which worked well.

Thank you, that's good to know.

We're doing a B2B from Southampton; 2 nights followed by 12 nights.

We're hoping to retain the same table in the MDR as we're on club dining & have made a request to have a table by a window.

I guess if we don't get one on the first cruise we can speak to the Restaurant Manager & hopefully secure one for the longer cruise.

Joan