Question on deck plans - Coral Princess

TMS9539

On the deck plans some cabins have black triangles and some have red dots. I am sure that this signifies something, but I can't find a key to decipher it. Does anyone know what they mean? I want to make sure that I don't book a connecting cabin. I did that by mistake once and the noise level from the room next door was awful because the connecting door didn't provide any insulation. Thanks.

On the deck plans some cabins have black triangles and some have red dots. I am sure that this signifies something, but I can't find a key to decipher it. Does anyone know what they mean? I want to make sure that I don't book a connecting cabin. I did that by mistake once and the noise level from the room next door was awful because the connecting door didn't provide any insulation. Thanks.

Sorry, where are you seeing black triangles and red dots? I've looked at the Coral's deck plans, a couple of the stateroom decks, and I'm not seeing those things.

Black triangle: cabin has third berth

Red dot: cabin has third and fourth berths

Clear circle: handicapped accessible cabin

On the cruise critic Coral deck plans connecting cabins can be sussed out by the door shown between them; see A624 thru A722 as examples. On Coral Princess those Aloha Deck category BE balcony cabins are the only ones on the ship with connecting doors.

Much easier to find connecting cabins using the online deck plans on the Princess website; you just have to tick the 'Connecting cabins' box and all other cabins will be blacked out.

Black triangles and red dots have to do with the number of berths in the cabin. While Princess still uses these and other symbols on their printed deck plans they have discontinued them on line. It is always best to refer to the actual Princess site for deck plans and not 3rd party sites.

Go to the Princess site deck plans for the Coral Princess.

Select number 3 as the number of passengers. Only cabins that can accommodate 3 will show.

Select 4 and those cabins will show.

Select connecting cabins and those will show.

Select a specific cabin and anything that may be different to normal will show in red print.

Note that when you book a cabin on Princess the booking defaults to "upgrade will be accepted." If you have a cabin you want you must specifically state no upgrade. This is done through the T.A. or verbally through Princess if booked directly. It can not be done on line.