Last minute questions

Nine of us will be sailing on the Oasis of the Seas in 3 weeks, all first time cruisers,and I am getting nervous and feeling overwhelmed, so this board has been awesome! A few questions. Would it be wise to bring a few snorkel sets or is it better just to rent them as needed? Are we allowed to bring snacks from the restaurants back to the cabin, just to have odd snacks on hand with so many kids? Thanks! Any and all advice is welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would it be wise to bring a few snorkel sets or is it better just to rent them as needed?

This is really up to you. If you are able and have room you could opt to bring your own gear because then you know it will be available, it will be in good shape, etc. You never know if the beach you're going to will have anything available or what shape it will be in.

Are we allowed to bring snacks from the restaurants back to the cabin, just to have odd snacks on hand with so many kids?

Yep, you can bring stuff back to your room no problem. I generally pack a few ziploc bags to keep cookies or other snacks for whenever I might want them (late night snack, port day, whatever).

We bring our own masks and dry snorkels and use fins provided by the tour operators or rental dive shops. If you're not picky about your mask, just bring your own snorkel. Using a "shared" snorkel sounds yucky!

BTW, if you have not snorkeled before, you should try it in a pool before getting in the ocean. There is a learning curve to breathing with your face in the water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Park Cafe also has bagged chips, like little packs of Lays etc, that you can bring back to the room with you. They only have 2-3 options per day and it differs each day, FYI. We brought some snacks on with us too, in our carry on, no problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The snorkels are disinfected after every use....just like your utensils on the ship! I don't believe anyone has ever gotten ill from a "rental" snorkel. But, if you have your own, and the space to bring them...you certainly may!

Nine of us will be sailing on the Oasis of the Seas in 3 weeks, all first time cruisers,and I am getting nervous and feeling overwhelmed, so this board has been awesome! A few questions. Would it be wise to bring a few snorkel sets or is it better just to rent them as needed? Are we allowed to bring snacks from the restaurants back to the cabin, just to have odd snacks on hand with so many kids? Thanks! Any and all advice is welcome!

Relax no need to be nervous. Oasis is a great ship!!! We sailed her in May.

There are so many things for the kids to do. Take a high lighter and each night before bed when your cruise compass /your guide to everything...arrives for the the next day high light the activities you want to do and carry it with you. Watch for the children's activities on the Boardwalk especially if your kids are younger.

Feel free to ask other questions to calm yourself and have a great cruise!!!!

While we now have our own gear, for years we just used the snorkel gear provided by the tour operators. No big deal. Not sure why some get weird about it. As pointed out, you eat with utensils others have used. Since this is your first cruise and you are not regular snorkelers, may be good to just use their's to save on packing space.

By all means bring snacks back to your room. No problem. Enjoy your first cruise!