Shore Excursion Price Guarantee

MsMot

Hello fellow cruisers!

I am looking at the Sea Trek cruise that Carnival offers and I found a tour operator that operates a Sea Trek tour for $25 per person less than Carnival. How does the guarantee work?

Last time I used it, you needed to already have paid for the carnival excursion and send them the documentation showing it was cheaper somewhere else for the same thing. I believe they gave me OBC for the difference.

I seem to remember looking up certain excursions CCL offered, then going to that "operator"'s site to book the same thing. Odd, but a lot of them won't book you if you're coming on a cruise ship stating something like "This tour must be booked through your cruise line.".

(Actually Sea Trek was one of them, at the time.)

I'm not being negative. If you can get the identical tour cheaper, go for it!;)

I have done 3 price guarantee and received the difference from each one, yes you have to book through Carnival first and the excursion and wording must be exact to receive the difference, i have also done Sea trek and agree at the time you had to book through your cruise line.

Last time I used it, you needed to already have paid for the carnival excursion and send them the documentation showing it was cheaper somewhere else for the same thing. I believe they gave me OBC for the difference.
Does it have to be from the same company as booked on????

Hello fellow cruisers!

I am looking at the Sea Trek cruise that Carnival offers and I found a tour operator that operates a Sea Trek tour for $25 per person less than Carnival. How does the guarantee work?

I have read here where Carnival has rejected claims if the Carnival booked excursion included transportation from the ship to the excursion site and return. Third party tour brokers often sell the excursion only and you have to provide your own ground transportation from/to the port. The cost of an excursion booked trough the ship often includes more than just the excursion activity itself.

Enjoy!!

I have read here where Carnival has rejected claims if the Carnival booked excursion included transportation from the ship to the excursion site and return. Third party tour brokers often sell the excursion only and you have to provide your own ground transportation from/to the port. The cost of an excursion booked trough the ship often includes more than just the excursion activity itself.

Enjoy!!

In our experience almost all private tour companies meet you at the ship or the gate entrance of the port.

I seem to remember looking up certain excursions CCL offered, then going to that "operator"'s site to book the same thing. Odd, but a lot of them won't book you if you're coming on a cruise ship stating something like "This tour must be booked through your cruise line.".

(Actually Sea Trek was one of them, at the time.)

I'm not being negative. If you can get the identical tour cheaper, go for it!;)

Oddly enough, it's the Sea Trek tour I'm looking at. Love your Avatar:cool: . It looks like so much fun! However, my husband flat out vetoed the tour last night. While we were having dinner I had a sudden asthma episode. He is a respiratory professional and is concerned that if I were to have an episode while under water, it would take me too long to get to the surface for my inhaler. As much as I want to do the tour I have to agree with him. :(

Oddly enough, it's the Sea Trek tour I'm looking at. Love your Avatar:cool: . It looks like so much fun! However, my husband flat out vetoed the tour last night. While we were having dinner I had a sudden asthma episode. He is a respiratory professional and is concerned that if I were to have an episode while under water, it would take me too long to get to the surface for my inhaler. As much as I want to do the tour I have to agree with him. :(

You will have to fill out a form before and they may not let you go there were a 4 people in our group that could not make it down the ladder into the water because they could not equalize the water pressure and they will not reimburse you so check it out before you book it, I have done this excursion 3 times one of my favorite, hope you can do it.

Enjoy!!

In our experience almost all private tour companies meet you at the ship or the gate entrance of the port.

And you missed the point. Not ALL third party tour brokers do provide the same door-to-door service that the cruise ship does. I'm not trying to sell anybody on the concept of booking through the ship vs. booking independently.

I have read here that several passengers were rather bitter when Carnival cited provided "ground transportation" as the difference. It is counter productive to tell people that it is simple as printing a screen shot and sending that to Carnival. You need to read the fine print on the tour brokers web page and see if you are to meet at the brokers office or at the actual tour providers office or if you will be picked up at the port entrance.

Listen to hubby not worth risking your life to do an excursion