1st Baltic Cruise Booked - A Few Questions

Mgugs46

The cruise I am booked on would leave out of Stockholm on Sunday. Was thinking we may fly in to Copenhagen on Thursday am, visit for the day/night, and then take the train to Stockholm Friday, and spend 2 days pre-cruise there touring. Worth it to stop in Copenhagen for a day?

Yes it sure is. See Danish Viking's thread for more info http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2488925

I'm in a similar situation where I only got day of embarkation available to tour Copenhagen. I was thinking of either keeping the luggage at the hotel, tour the city, then check-in late at the pier(around 3 PM), or dropping off the luggage super early with the porters at the pier before heading out to the city.

Were you checking in at 3PM, or did you actually walk on the ship by 3PM? Also does anybody know how early does NCL/Cruise port workers can start to accept the luggage curb side?

Thank you

Here's a screen shot of our Google Maps day in Copenhagen to the pier. We took public transport and got there around 2:30 from near the Central Station.e9c43dbf945b08b2bcaf0ec2496853eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you Ron and Lana. We are traveling as a party of 5, I also have a 3 year old toddler, luggage and stroller too... so public transportation would probably be too much for me to manage. Thank you for your info, I will make the most out of the embarkation day, then get a taxi minivan and try to arrive before 3PM.

Mgugs46. We used Ulko tours and were very happy (3 couples). Half the price, no lines, excellent guide. If you e mail them they will reply the next day.

NASA 1974. Absolutely untrue. Al of the recommended private tour cos. in SPB. will arrange a visa for you. The cost is included in the price of the tour. ( as are admission tickets). They all have priority admissions to the crowded sites and smaller groups at a more reasonable cost.

The cruise I am booked on would leave out of Stockholm on Sunday. Was thinking we may fly in to Copenhagen on Thursday am, visit for the day/night, and then take the train to Stockholm Friday, and spend 2 days pre-cruise there touring. Worth it to stop in Copenhagen for a day?

IMO, not worth it. You will be tired and jet lagged. 1 day in Copenhagen isn't enough to make it worthwhile. Stockholm deserves any time you can spare.

We did exactly that on July 18. You need to be on board by 3. We toured in the morning and took public transit to the pier. We were one of the last people on board. No big line up to go through.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you Ron and Lana

Noticed that the trip took 2hr on public transport. Since there are 3 of us we'll take a taxi.

Would anyone like to share the ride? We'll probably leave grand hotel (3 min walk from central station) at 2pm

Fyi minivan for 7 pax costs about 90usd.

Thank you Ron and Lana

Noticed that the trip took 2hr on public transport. Since there are 3 of us we'll take a taxi.

Would anyone like to share the ride? We'll probably leave grand hotel (3 min walk from central station) at 2pm

We had a wait for the 25 bus. I think it was running late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO, not worth it. You will be tired and jet lagged. 1 day in Copenhagen isn't enough to make it worthwhile. Stockholm deserves any time you can spare.

Thank you. Is there enough to do to warrant flying in Thursday AM, and stay until the cruise leaves Sunday eve? Most likely like with this Venice departure we'd arrive to the ship early, just to have no lines, and be able to get into the room around 1p and unpack.

Thank you. Is there enough to do to warrant flying in Thursday AM, and stay until the cruise leaves Sunday eve? Most likely like with this Venice departure we'd arrive to the ship early, just to have no lines, and be able to get into the room around 1p and unpack.

More then you have time to do it. ;)

Thank you Ron and Lana

You might want to post this on your Roll Call where you'll find people who are on the same sailing. OR post on all ROLL CALLS for that departure date.

Thank you. I guess it's time to start researching Stockholm. After all, I've only got about 340 days before we cruise :p

Well a very basic itinerary could look like this (should you opt:

Thursday: Old town, royal palace and city hall.

Friday Drottningholm (by boat) + perhaps cinema in the evening

Saturday: Djurgården Island; Vasa, Nordiska museet, the new VIking museum and dinner cruise in the evening

or you could do a full day archipelago cruise with a classic archipelago passenger boat.

Sunday Either Södermalm; Monteliusvägen with Skinnarviksberget, Katarinavägen and Fjällgatan,

or (if doing a cruise on Saturday) Vasa + either of Nordiska museet or Viking museum.