Help me to compare! Allure - Harmony ( and Regal Princess)

Can anyone here offer any experience or insight?Have sailed Princess before... nicest ship we have been on is Ruby when it was fairly new.

We like the idea of the Solarium with the small pool. (unless there are drawbacks?)

Allure stil has this, right....

On Princess we would def. consider the wonderful Sanctuary. But, that gets pricey $$$.

Hoards of kids and super-packed shoulder to shoulder, main pool, would just not be our style

Princess might get the pick on this one. Allure with the Solarium might be an almost close second.

We like that Allure/Royal Caribbean seems to have more of a vibe than Princess.

We have enjoyed Princess, but to be honest/fair, no real vibe at all. They do have an onboard band and a disco. But other than that, doesn't seem to compare to what is offered on Royal Caribbean. Seem to have more of a vibe onboard with different venues and with nightly theme events/parties, etc...

Okay, dining... If anyone can help compare.

I am thinking Main Dining, Italian, and Steakhouse.

Ruby, reviews sound like Regal, with a larger ships rushed, impersonal, and inattentive service.

Had WONDERFUL main dining on the Coral Princess. Great Service and food...

Buffet, well, it really sucked!

I wonder how dining on RC allure might compare in these three categories.

We might love to try RC.

Hate to give up any adult respite... But might consider Harmony if traveling with 18-19-20 year old teens/young adults.

Thank you all so much for any thoughts!

I have been on all three of these ships and would definitely pick Harmony! Regal Princess was pretty, but I was not impressed with the service or the entertainment. Harmony is the newer version of the Allure and I had one of my best cruises ever on her. Maybe it's because Harmony is so new, but the service I received was excellent. They have the adult Solarium in the front of the ship, but there is no pool, only two hot tubs. My one complaint was that they took the small pool away from the Solarium that is in Allure and Oasis. Even with that, I would still pick Harmony.

Thanks!

Which of the two RC ships has the best dining venues???

Steakhouse and Italian...

Harmony has Jamie's Italian, Chops, Wonderland, and 150 Central Park for Italian/Steaks

Allure has Giovanni's, Chops, and 150 Central Park for Italian/Steaks

Harmony will run you 20-30% more on most sailings for similar stateroom/itinerary. We've decided its not worth the extra cost for the few changes and have sailed Allure/Oasis 3 times since Harmony has been sailing. Definitely our favorite category of ship thus far and will be hard to top.

I can't advise about Princess, but I've sailed Allure 3X, Oasis 1X(also booked for October) and Harmony once.

No question for us------we would choose Harmony over the rest of the Oasis class if prices are the same. Our October cruise coming up on Oasis was a great deal for us, but prices vary with each sailing.

We found the food to be much better on Harmony, especially in the Windjammer. We really love the multiple options for dining and entertainment on all of the Oasis Class ships, and I have a hard time convincing DH to try any other ship.

We're booked on Symphony for Sept of 2018 in the western Med. We are absolutely fans of Oasis class.

Have a great cruise!

Barb