Why I got money back to my credit card?

peach_cruise

My alaska cruise ,24/8/2017 celebrity solstice.

Last month(24/7/2017) I got money back to my credit card 196$ from celebrity cruise.

I log in to my account and my reservation is normal. My go best package and excursion(white pass summit rail 129$/person) are still there.

I have no idea what's that money from?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well I'm not sure, but long story short, I paid them a long time ago and gratuities have gone up. when I had to repay them I had to pay the higher price. HMMMM?

How long ago? There hasn't been a raise for awhile. Did you move from a regular room to concierge or suite, where tips are higher?

I've seen this multiple times in the last couple of weeks on these boards. I suspect that it has something to do with the website. I bet if you went into "Manage My Reservation" for some reason it unchecked prepaid gratuities without your knowledge and then when you exited your reservation it thought you did it intentionally. As a web developer I would consider this a bug and NO change to your reservation should be done without a confirmation dialog box to confirm.

The other thread where this was mentioned the OP had booked and paid the grats via a travel agent. In my opinion Celebrity shouldn't make any changes to that reservation without it going through the TA. I advised that they needed to get the TA to resolve this with Celebrity and restore the grats at the original price.

Even if you booked directly with Celebrity you should challenge that you didn't knowingly make the change and they need to reverse the transaction.