Time Ft Lauderdale opens

nina_930

What time does Ft. Lauderdale /Port Everglades allow you to enter. I have FTTF so would like to be there as early as allowed? Thanks!

Hi

The port will be open. Don't forget the ship will be unloading from the previous cruise.

You do understand that you can't board until the ship is ready. This typically isn't till around 11:30. Someone might chime in saying different, but I don't think you can check in before 10 a.m., but you will have to wait before boarding starts. If you have an early flight, you could head to the port. but if it's really early, we have gone for a nice breakfast first.

have a great cruise

A week ago I got to Port Everglades at about 10:20 as my check in time was 11:00. They didn't let anyone inside the building to begin checking in until like 10:30-10:40 to start the check in process. I was on board the ship by 11:40.

On 2 of my last three sailings from FLL, I wasn't able to board until 12:45 and 1:15PM, and that is with Diamond level. For some reason, Carnival has had delays getting everyone off the ship and through Customs in this port so it could be cleared for the next sailing.

Hope this doesn't happen to you.

Thanks for all your input. I was planning on getting there about 10:30, so that sounds about right based on your feedback. I know I won't be boarded then, but want to be there ready. :)

On 2 of my last three sailings from FLL, I wasn't able to board until 12:45 and 1:15PM, and that is with Diamond level. For some reason, Carnival has had delays getting everyone off the ship and through Customs in this port so it could be cleared for the next sailing.

Hope this doesn't happen to you.

Yea, I hope so too. This happened to us on our last Miami cruise. They were doing construction on the ship, but we were told a few days prior to sail date that there would be a delay. It surprising how they (carnival and customs) do this every week and still have delays. Nothing you can do but suck it up and know you'll soon be on the ship and it's better waiting to board than sitting behind the desk at work. :)

Just off the Conguest yesterday. We had FTTF, and arrived at 10:30. Was all checked in by 10:40, and then sat in the area set aside for FTTF. Diamond/Platinum/Suite guests boarded at 11:00. Called us at 11:05, I was on the ship with my first drink by 11:15 and in my room at 11:20.

Last October we were at the port by 10 am. Had to wait til 10:30 am. Had FTTF.

Just off the Conguest yesterday. We had FTTF, and arrived at 10:30. Was all checked in by 10:40, and then sat in the area set aside for FTTF. Diamond/Platinum/Suite guests boarded at 11:00. Called us at 11:05, I was on the ship with my first drink by 11:15 and in my room at 11:20.

Awesome. It seems like 10:30 is a logical time to get there then. If I have to wait, I have to wait, but if I can board then I'd rather be on the ship than sitting in my hotel room. :)

Thanks!