Thinking About Next Year... Cruising With Carnival

Hello everyone!

My hubby and I are looking at cruising next year and are thinking of going abroad (not Australia).

We've never been on Carnival before so I'm thought I'd post a thread here and ask you guys!!!

Could you please share your experiences (we're thinking Caribbean 7 nights)?

Thanks!

You've probably seen the cruise ships that sail Australia's waters, specifically the Spirit, so you know that's one of Carnival's older ships.

If you want a great Caribbean cruise, look for a 10 day or longer itinerary, esp. after flying so long. A week wouldn't give you enough rest after all the time changes.

I wouldn't limit your search to just Carnival though, but I would look at the newer ships of several lines. If your heart is set on Carnival, then the Vista and Magic come to mind, or the Dream or Breeze, which might shorten your fly time.

One thing I would pre-caution you about is the size of the average American cruiser, we are not like your Aussie mates, and have different diets than you.

I personally love sailing with Carnival. It is hard to beat the prices and amenities they give you. I've never been on a Pacific cruise, so I can't give comparisons. The carnival website is pretty accurate and informational.

If you had any specific questions, I'd be happy to help.

Hi there

I wouldn't necessarily stick to Carnival either.

Caribbean is great beautiful islands, wonderful beaches.

You don't mention how much time you have and your budget. Considering how far you are coming, have you considered a Panama canal crossing, West to East or vise versa. You would be able to enjoy west coast Mexico, some California, as well as some Caribbean islands, while being able to say you did a Panama canal full transit.

If your time and wallet allow you could add on an additional cruise to take in some of the Caribbean islands that you missed. It would be quite a trip, but if I could, I would do it.

take your time to plan

have a great cruise