Any carnival rerouting due to tropical storms?

Cafedumonde

You MAY not know before you sail. We departed during Tropical Storm Cindy, and although I worried, the storm completely missed our route. I don't think they reroute until last minute. Just go with the flow, your captain will take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The path of TS, TD, hurricanes is so unpredictable that it will indeed be a last minute decision.

Cruise lines have the best weather radar, devices that you will be kept out of harms way.

Just go with the flow and don't be disappointed if you miss a port.

Wondering if anyone knows of ships rerouting this week?

I'm on the Breeze right now and haven't heard anything yet. We're due to be in Cozumel tomorrow. Hopefully the Captain will let us know today.

Currently, seas are calm and its mostly sunny.

Evelyn

We are rerouting. Tomorrow a sea day instead of Cozumel. Roatan first on Wed, Belize and then Cozumel on Friday. Captain has slowed down to stay a certain distance from the storm. We were supposed to go Cozumel, Belize and then Roatan. Seas still calm.

It is interesting to note that Breeze was supposed to be in Cozumel today, but was rerouted. Paradise was in Roatan yesterday, probably had a rocky ride getting there. She has kept her date in Cozumel today, and probably had a rocky ride getting there, too. EM

October last year we were on the Breeze out of Galveston. This was when Hurricane Matthew was roaring thru the Caribbean. We left Galveston on Sunday with our itinerary intact. On Monday morning they announced our itinerary was being reversed due to the storm. The decision to adjust the itinerary is usually last minute due to the unpredictable nature of hurricanes.